How-to install Currie tow bar mounts

Hi dla, got a question on ur towbar. It has the ability to adjust the width to to fit ur mount points. Do u keep those bolts torqued down once hooked up or do u leave the lose to slide back and forth while being towed? The instructions online don't clarify and I'm wondering if there is an advantage or to allow them to move.

Thanks

Can someone tell me what the dimension of the gap is in these Currie adapters?

I was going to attach a Demco Commander tow bar to my D-ring hangers, but my TJ is pretty tall. Using these will bring the tow point down a few inches, which I like, but they also hang down and are vulnerable, which I don't like.

Stuff to think about, I guess.

Can someone tell me what the dimension of the gap is in these Currie adapters?

I was going to attach a Demco Commander tow bar to my D-ring hangers, but my TJ is pretty tall. Using these will bring the tow point down a few inches, which I like, but they also hang down and are vulnerable, which I don't like.

Stuff to think about, I guess.

Inside is 9/16"
Outside is 1 1/4"

i used a warrior 865 tow bar d-ring adapter from eBay and a 8" drop hitch flipped upside down was perfect to made it level towing behind my RV.

Thanks for the info guys. The Demco attachment piece will not work with the Currie adapter. The distance from the center of the connection pin to the end of the mating tab is too long.

I have ordered the Warrior 867 adapter (I have 1" thick tabs) to try and see if I can get them to function correctly with my Demco. I know that I will also need to use some bronze bushings, since the Warrior uses a 1/2" bolt and the Demco is only drilled for a 3/8" bolt.

Thanks for the info guys. The Demco attachment piece will not work with the Currie adapter. The distance from the center of the connection pin to the end of the mating tab is too long.

I have ordered the Warrior 867 adapter (I have 1" thick tabs) to try and see if I can get them to function correctly with my Demco. I know that I will also need to use some bronze bushings, since the Warrior uses a 1/2" bolt and the Demco is only drilled for a 3/8" bolt.
That is route I went and it worked well using d-ring. Chk pricing as it can run from 85 to 105 and based on size that works for u. I had to add washers to take up slack on d-ring but solid solution for me.

old thread, but what braking system did you use? Also, I can see the mounting plate for a JK, but not the TJ. I'm thinking is isn't that far off...

dla, thanks for that simple tutorial. I just ordered the mounts and the Currie tow bar. And I would like to bump freeheelRN's post about the braking system. I am looking at a few used systems and am not sure what is best. I figure that anything is better than nothing but am looking at the BrakeBuddy Vantage Select. Any thoughts?