Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

How to install dual batteries in your Jeep Wrangler TJ

NDSpeed

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
You're welcome let me know if you have any questions. Been a while, but mine are still going strong, so I can go out and take a look if necessary.
Mine will be quite a ways off. My tools are in Alaska, my Jeep in Missouri. Don’t quite know which way I’m leaning yet.

Reactions: ac_ and reddvltj

Miked0l

Has anyone done this dual battery conversion on a 2001 sport 6 cyl with AC. Also does anyone have the wiring diagram for the painless setup?

OP
ac_

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
Has anyone done this dual battery conversion on a 2001 sport 6 cyl with AC. Also does anyone have the wiring diagram for the painless setup?

Mine is 98 with ac, I am not positive about a 2001 with ac, but if you look up the bracket it should tell you what years it is good for. My suspician is it will work with a 01, but again double check with the dual battery tray to make sure. I will see If I still have the wiring diagram and will post ot if I do. It was pretty straight forward, because I am not that bright and even I figured it out. If you do have any specific questions let me know. BTW, I am still using the same teo Optima batteries I started this thread with and one of them is even older than this thread and I live in the desert. So I still dovlike the yellow tops.

Miked0l

What a nightmare installing the dual battery system. I bought a rugged ridge tray system and IT DOES NOT WORK their engineers are still working on the issues. I had to jerry rig it with some wood to make it work.

• Wow
Reactions: JMT

LJRubicon

TJ Enthusiast
I have Motobilt hi-line fenders and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to do a dual battery with hi-lines. Room under the hood is alot less

vaccan.jpeg

Akitadog

Willy's Edition
Supporting Member
Was wondering if it's necessary two run two batteries with now available li-on car jumper boxes out there.
Use the main battery for accessories and if low you can switch over to the jump box.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: freedom_in_4low

LJRubicon

TJ Enthusiast
Was wondering if it's necessary two run two batteries with now available li-on car jumper boxes out there.
Use the main battery for accessories and if low you can switch over to the jump box.

Any thoughts?

I do agree that it isn't as important as once was. Just a good option. I did put a monster of a battery in my LJ just because I didn't know if I could do 2

Reactions: Akitadog