How to install heated seats in your Jeep Wrangler TJ

I plan on installing between foam and seat cloth as well.
Worked great for me and even with a thick seat cover over the seat the heat gets through easily. The hog pin pliers that come with it definately aren’t the best I ended up using small zip ties instead they were easier for me to fit in.

I don't see why it would be an issue if you wired it correctly. The Doorman heating pads I installed get really warm on the high setting but not hot enough to melt anything.

Reactions: JMT
Bringing this thread back from the dead… I’d like to get a heated seat kit for the stock seats in my tj. Does anyone have recommendations on what to buy? The links to what people used in this thread don’t work, seems like that specific one is no longer available on Amazon? Is it available somewhere else?

Additionally, I have fake plastic leather seat covers. Any concerns about them melting or something if I put the heaters directly underneath (not between the foam and fabric)?

Bringing this thread back from the dead… I’d like to get a heated seat kit for the stock seats in my tj. Does anyone have recommendations on what to buy? The links to what people used in this thread don’t work, seems like that specific one is no longer available on Amazon? Is it available somewhere else?

Additionally, I have fake plastic leather seat covers. Any concerns about them melting or something if I put the heaters directly underneath (not between the foam and fabric)?

I got my last set at Rock Auto. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1929930&pt=1001107&jsn=701

I can't help you with your second question. I don't recall any warnings that came with the instructions that raised concerns about that.

Reactions: Austin O.
I just ordered the heater kit from Bartact. Thought I would try it out.

Same! Wondering if I need to order hog rings and pliers now. Bartact's instructions only show the heaters installed on the factory cover fabric, then Bartact covers over them. I thought about doing it that way, but my factory covers are still pristine, so it's hard to part with the extra bucks.

Reactions: John Cooper
I plan on installing them under the stock fabric , I don't have covers. I did buy pliers and hog rings.

I recently took my OEM upholstery off for washing even though it was looking all clean for a low mileage TJ. (Very glad that I washed it, I can’t even begin to describe the amount of gunk came out after soaking them twice overnight 🙄).

Anyways I used cable ties in place of hog rings to reupholster them, believe it or not but cable ties work like charm (Ezy Peezy) and goes even tighter then hog rings, plus won’t rust ever. Didn’t take many pictures but this will give you an idea.

95C6CC0B-DE62-4419-B3AE-F828731D4E10.jpeg

I bought a set of neoprene covers w/ heaters as an option, since that was far less expense than having them reupholstered and adding the kit that I had initially bought.
I ended up adding the kit to the rear seat.