How to Lengthen the Spare Tire Snubbers?

WLDRIDE

WLDRIDE
Supporting Member
See how the tires sit out beyond the stock fender flares? I'm thinking that that's due to the way the wheels are designed:

full front bumper.jpg

So, that also means that the spare, which has the same wheel, does not touch any of the spare tire snubbers:

Spare Tire Snubbers.jpg

How do I lengthen/adjust/alter those tire snubbers so that the spare tire actually rests against them? Thanks!

Buy a set of the OEM snubbers and insert them under yours after you cut the curved top off of the new snubbers. That's what I did and it worked well, not to mention it looked factory since they matched.
Ninja posted right before me! I think your photos are in the thread I posted.

For 5.95 at Lowe’s you can get deck spacers in hardware ...designed to keep a deck off the house and help prevent water intrusion .

How do I lengthen/adjust/alter those tire snubbers so that the spare tire actually rests against them? Thanks!
Obviously, you will need longer bolts, and don't assume the top and bottom snubbers will be the same length.

Not picking on you, but you'll notice a lot of your questions (and other newbies) don't have an exact answer. You just need to figure out a solution for the problem. Get creative. Who knows, you may come up with a better idea than us.
For mine, I used aluminum spacers, because that's what I had laying around. Whether it's PVC or rubber mallets, just try something before giving up. Or you can always Google it for ideas.

Obviously, you will need longer bolts, and don't assume the top and bottom snubbers will be the same length.

Not picking on you, but you'll notice a lot of your questions (and other newbies) don't have an exact answer. You just need to figure out a solution for the problem. Get creative. Who knows, you may come up with a better idea than us.
For mine, I used aluminum spacers, because that's what I had laying around. Whether it's PVC or rubber mallets, just try something before giving up. Or you can always Google it for ideas.
Good advice. I realize I may come up with a solution of my own, but there's a lot of wisdom and experience here and always like to avoid re-inventing the wheel if I can. :) What I'm also appreciating about this group is that there are always a lot of low-budget solutions to things.

I used hockey pucks. They were too long so I used my bandsaw to cut them in half, like a biscuit. Worked great and mostly free from the leftover pucks from my bumpstop project.

Reactions: mushdogs