How to lubricate the blend door?

Twopoint

TJ Pupil ... and all it entails...
Lifetime Supporting Member
long story short,
jumping into my jeep found the heat wasn't working
Since I had just replaced my radiator, went through all of the troubleshooting.
what I found is the actuator is unable to drive the blend door.
I was able to use a crescent wrench to move it, and verified that is the issue

So how can I get to it to get it lubricated? I was hoping somebody had an easier
way then through the Fan removal ..

so to explain, I replaced the radiator, the tore my meniscus in my left knee (My TJ is a stick)
so the jeep has been sitting for about 6 months. My roommate messed up his Hummer(H3) so asked if I could tow it home.
and when driving it I found I was unable to turn on the heat.

Is it electric actuated? Probably a good chance the actuator is bad. Take off the actuator and see if the door moves freely.

Reactions: nathanotis
Is it electric actuated? Probably a good chance the actuator is bad. Take off the actuator and see if the door moves freely.
I verified that the electric actuator is working. the blend door was so stiff, it would not move.
I have broken it loose with a crescent wrench. so I need to find the best way to lubricate it as
it is difficult to do from underneath.

I also need to get my blend door working. I removed the dash and broke a plastic connector to an actuator. Pretty sure that’s why I have no heat.
if you remove the actuator, you can manually adjust the door, so you can at least have heat.

your TJ is a year newer then mine so you should have the electric actuator, is it broken on the actuator? or on the cable connector?