How-to make a Speedohealer harness

A little part of this thread just died.

Oh no it didn't. Your how-to has freed the masses from having to buy a high priced kit and has provided the solution when the suppliers of pre-manufactured TJ harnesses are no longer in business.

I've bookmarked your how-to.

Speedo Healer arrived today. 7ft cable.

20191007_214727.jpg

20191007_214545_HDR.jpg

Why dont just change the speedo gear to the correct tooth one? Its cheaper and easier than messing with wiring.

Or if you convert to a super short SYE. It gets rid of the gear driven speedo and is replaced with a tone sensor and hall ring

Reactions: Jramos013
Well this gives me a few options. I ordered a yellowbox when I was unable to find a speedohealer for the rubicon (with blue monkey down) I was searching to see if I needed to post a thread when i saw this one! Now I have a place to buy a new unit, or the schematics to grab a used one.

FWIW: Healing the speedo isnt just for accurate visual readings. In my case I just had 5.13 gears installed in my 03 Rubicon (from the 4.10) with the 42rle auto. GPS indicated 73/74 mph reads as 90/91 mph on the dash. Computer shuts down either your coils or injectors at 92 mph indicated.

As an aside 5.13 with 33" ko2 tires is a dream to drive up to the current limiter.

The op if he was enterprising could probably buy the connectors in bulk (50-100) start snatching up used healers (maybe talk to the cycle shops in the area as well) and have a nice little side business in the TJ market

Buy SH at $50-75 plugs and wire at maybe $10, 15 minutes of time to set the plugs (hell you could set the plugs while watching TV after doing about ten or so. Sell at $100 plus $7.50 shipping (priority post) get paid $60-$160 an hour for your time (slightly less when having to attach mailing labels and stop by the post office.

figured I would add a link to the v4 adjustment pdf (as i missed it in the original post when I read it ;)

https://healtech-electronics.com/docs/SHv4_UsersGuide_en.pdf

Last edited:
I just changed gears to 4.88 from 4.10 on my 2006 LJ Rubicon 6 speed. Previously, with 4.10's and 35" tires the speedo was accurate, which means the previous owner either installed something like this or had the PCM reprogrammed. Looks like the place for me to start looking is at that electrical plug on the back of the NV241OR transfer case, right? Is there anyway to tell if the PCM was reprogrammed, other than having the dealer connect to it?

I just changed gears to 4.88 from 4.10 on my 2006 LJ Rubicon 6 speed. Previously, with 4.10's and 35" tires the speedo was accurate, which means the previous owner either installed something like this or had the PCM reprogrammed. Looks like the place for me to start looking is at that electrical plug on the back of the NV241OR transfer case, right? Is there anyway to tell if the PCM was reprogrammed, other than having the dealer connect to it?
It doesn't really matter what the previous owner did. If you don't have a corrector installed (checking at the transfer case is a good idea) and you need to correct your speedometer most people use the corrector. If you want to have the dealership do it that's fine too if they are able. What I really mean is the corrector doesn't care how the PCM is programmed.

Looks like Poly Performance is out of these things for now. I think HealTech will find a new north american vendor given some time. At least I'm hoping that is true. It is great when companies support our Jeeps.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/need-help-locating-speedohealer.27545/

I may have grabbed their last one. It came in yesterday (yellowbox was 20+ days out) plugged in yesterday evening. 5 minute install and 5 min program. Speedo with 1mph and no cutoff as the speedo doesnt read 90 at 73 mph. With 5.13 gears the OD works like it should and will hold 80 comfortably.

Still think this hack is well worth the thread

Reactions: tworley
just placed an order for a unit from yellow box- I hate wires, wiring, electricity, etc and have never had good luck with any of that - so I get to pay extra for a plug and play fix o_O On a brighter note, 4.88's with 6 speed Rubicon and 35's is easily the best 'performance mod' I have ever done to this rig.

Reactions: L J
Thanks for the reminder here that the speedohealer v4 is a generic solution, which is a great thing. Mine was $75 on eBay. I also bought the pigtail versions of the plugs in the OP and just matched black-to-black, red-to-red, and “other-to-other”.

The pigtail version of the plugs comes with 3 black wires, so to make the colors consistent I slid on a small segment of heat shrink in consistent colors (red and green, leaving the black for ground).

My speedo is healed!

0C41581F-2BB5-4C88-A1CC-D69D01D98206.jpeg

Reactions: pagrey and tworley
Anybody looking for a new solution instead of used this looks really nice and compact.

View attachment 165454

Looks like they are selling new for $70 on ebay with free shipping.

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

I just ordered one of these. I'll report back when I get it installed. It is supposed to be delivered before 9/10. I currently can't set cruise above 70mph actual speed. The ECM will not allow me to set cruise above 85mph indicated.

I just ordered one of these. I'll report back when I get it installed. It is supposed to be delivered before 9/10. I currently can't set cruise above 70mph actual speed. The ECM will not allow me to set cruise above 85mph indicated.
I have been considering this update. Does this need to be connected to the transfer case and PCM?

They all do the same thing. The Speedohealer has a display that helps you program it. The SpeedoDRD flashes different color leds to program which some people might find slightly more difficult. Once installed it wont make any difference. If the one you linked to includes the connectors it's a good deal.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper