How to make your Jeep unsalable

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all guilty of spending our money unreasonably when it comes to these Jeeps. I think I might have qualified for some sort of prize in that category. Sometimes in our efforts to be different or stand out we completely miss the mark. As a dealer that regularly sells modified Jeeps I can tell you that there is an audience for this kind of stuff and sometimes, just sometimes a buyer will emerge that will embrace the absurdity and actually pay a premium for it. I can't tell you how may times I have scratched my head over what a former owner must have paid just to powder coat undercarriage parts or the time and money spent to customize something that, in my opinion, shouldn't be customized. Not my cup of tea but like somebody said here earlier...to each his own. Funny part is when you get passed up on a trail by one of these rigs because the builds or driving skills (or both) are better than yours....ha.

Somewhere, there is a buyer searching a Jeep like each of those and willing to pay that price. Whether or not they will find that buyer ... well, there's the question.

In a rare occurrence, my hobby and job have come together - this is basically the same problem my company is trying to solve - bringing together buyers and sellers of unique, one-of-a-kind products (though for a very different market segment, not at all related to automobiles).

Status
Not open for further replies.