How to mount mirrors to tube half doors

lindsey97

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I purchased smittybilt pn 76793 tube doors for my TJ. They came with mirror mounts, no mirrors, and the mounting holes in the smittybilt brackets were drilled backwards.

I had already purchased a set of doorless mirrors from Quadratec, they are nice, and slip in where your top door hinge pins goes on the Jeep. Part # 13111.0401

So I got the idea of using Jeep TJ oem lower door hinge bracket mounts to hang the mirrors. Bought a pair of rampage off eBay, pn 7607 for $9.93 shipped.

These worked out great. You could mount them a couple different way to get height needed. I had to use a die grinder, and "egg" oblong one hole on each bracket to get it to align with the corresponding door hinge holes. Depending on your doors, this will/may vary. You could even weld them on.

The washers covered up the oblong lower hole, so it can NOT be seen after mounted. No door bushings were included for the brackets, so you will need to order (2) bushings.

Overall I am very happy with how this turned out, cost was cheap, and I can remove the mirrors with one bolt and run them doorless as well.

DSCN3676.JPG

DSCN3677.JPG

DSCN3678.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I wanted my mirrors on the body so I could switch doors so I did this. My plan is to paint the mirror mounts, half top and tonneau to match the body this fall. Btw, how are you liking your doors? Haven’t decided if I want real half doors, soft doors or tube doors. This Tj hobby is so full of decisions it’s scary. You hate to choose wrong cause it’s going to cost you more money.
B105B405-745B-4A1A-B6E2-50A6BECEFB5E.jpeg

I really like my oem half doors, they are lighter than full doors, and I didn't invest a lot in them. I like my tube doors as well, I can't really say which set I like better.

Be careful buying soft upper frames, I got an aftermarket set off eBay, nib, they did not fit very well.