How to narrow a Ford high pinion Dana 44 front axle to waggy width

Hey Wildman I've gotta question. What did you do for your steering? I just installed a low pinion Dana 44 out of a 85 grand wagoneer and can't seem to find a solid answer on the best route to go.

I got Chevy knuckles that had been machined for high steer arms. But with all the other things going on in the front I've ended up just flipping the tie rod to the top of the knuckles and then use a high steer arm on the passenger side for the drag link.

IMGP0332[1].jpg

I got Chevy knuckles that had been machined for high steer arms. But with all the other things going on in the front I've ended up just flipping the tie rod to the top of the knuckles and then use a high steer arm on the passenger side for the drag link.

@Wildman. I ended up doing the same thing with my drag link and tie rods. The only difference is I used hiem joints and i feel like they have less travel then a standered rod end. If one of my tires is dropped down to its limits or if one is stuffed i cant turn my steering wheel because the heims are in a bind.

Reactions: Wildman