How to remove the AM/FM antenna

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
I don't listen to the radio anymore so I removed the antenna the other day. I didn't find any other how to online so I figured I'd do a quick tutorial.

Step 1:

Unscrew the antenna from the base.

Step 2:

With a flat head screw driver, gently work your way around the plastic cap and pop it off.

Step 3:

Remove the 3 screws that hold the base onto the body of the Jeep.

Step 4:

Inside the Jeep disconnect the antenna wires from the radio and unclip it from the retainers behind the glove box.

Step 5:

Push the wire and grommet that is inside the Jeep out. Now the entire wire should pull out with the base.

Did you ever get around to installing the CB antenna in the regular antenna mount? Im thinking of doing the same thing.
i did, i ended up using selftapping metal screws, then my friend 3Dprinted me a cover to slide over the mount. never ended up wheeling with it like that, but i have to say, with a 4ft firestik that spot flexed a lot, and i could see it cracking from fatigue eventually if you offroad

none at all. i got a multiplex module that lets me use the CB antenna for AM/FM so i eneded up picking up more radio stations than i did before.

Hey, this is interesting. Could you say more about the multiplex module and how it allows you to use your CB antenna for AM/FM?

Does anyone have a picture of where the antenna bas plugs into and where I can it behind the glove box? I couldn’t find it.