How to reset TPMS on 2011?

weldedcambolt

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
my jeeps got a friend thats a 2011 an the tpms is on. the tire presssure was at like 48 on all tires procomp top pressure rating 65? so we put them up to 60. still on. not sure if the tpms is sensing that the tires went above like an upper liimit with the 48 an the light clicked on, or what? with aftermarket tires. 65 upper tire pressure, am i reading that right? on mud tires? found something about a menu button on steering wheel but no menu button that i seen?

talked to the dealer an the dude said to drop the tire pressure to 40, of which i was thinkin to do.... took a while to shut off, but it finally did, so the upper pressure sensor got to be set around 45 or more........but its off an they are happy. but i wanted to find out if you can retrain them to what ever you want, but they said the dealer it would be 50 bucks to start the process....... its got a super chip in it? an some guy said, you should have a hand held device with the chip, but they didnt get anything with the jeep when they bought it.

With a SuperChip module you should be able to not only reset the TPMS, but turn it off entirely from what I understand.

One more reason I dislike all the electronics on newer Jeeps. I hear about more issues with those damn TPMS lights (and other warning lights) on JKs than anything else it seems like. Call me old fashioned, but I'll check my tire pressure myself.

Yes the jeep should have come with the superchips programmer if it's been flashed with one. Without it it's not much good. There is no reason to run so much pressure, that number on the sidewall is the max the tire is rated to take. If they are the same size as stock, run stock pressure, if they are larger than you need less air than stock not more.

As to changing the tpms pressure, you need that superchips programmer or less costly is (and potentially more useful) is the aev procal

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Chris
Yes the jeep should have come with the superchips programmer if it's been flashed with one. Without it it's not much good. There is no reason to run so much pressure, that number on the sidewall is the max the tire is rated to take. If they are the same size as stock, run stock pressure, if they are larger than you need less air than stock not more.

As to changing the tpms pressure, you need that superchips programmer or less costly is (and potentially more useful) is the aev procal

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.
The AEV Procal is less, and works fine to adjust, or turn off TPMS altogether, as well as several other functions. I had one for my 2012 JK.

Thanks for the posts, had to get some stuff in order, so had to leave the jeep life for a bit:)

no, just parked it, got involved in helpin a situation out, an was using the other vehicle to haul crap in, an three or four months went by just like that.....an ther she sat....waiting...waiting...for more of my money.....:) it was only a matter of time.....:) an you got to laugh, i hadnt got the alignment on it, an so took it today, an the guy said it needed a new tie rod, wheel bearing, an front drive shaft egg yolk....inorder to do the alignment.........the tie rods cant have more than five thousand miles on em,......they aint nothing wrong with them tie rods......that front drive shaft yolk got ten thousand more miles on it, an i hear nothing from that driver side wheel bearing...:).....