How-To: Simple Onboard Air for your TJ (Viair 400H)

Close up photo? I'm stirring up some ideas on how to mount this.
Here you an correction I only used 2 bolts and nuts I hope this help

Attachments

• IMG_1701edit.jpg
    IMG_1701edit.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1702edit.jpg
    IMG_1702edit.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1703edit.jpg
    IMG_1703edit.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1704edit.jpg
    IMG_1704edit.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 199
What model air compressor is this? Does it have a built in pressure switch so it cuts on and off as you use it?

The compressor in the referenced photo is a Superflow MV-50 or Masterflow MF-1050 (same thing). It is a basic, no frills entry-level compressor that does not have a built in on-off pressure switch.

The compressor in the referenced photo is a Superflow MV-50 or Masterflow MF-1050 (same thing). It is a basic, no frills entry-level compressor that does not have a built in on-off pressure switch.
Thank you.
I think I've found one just like it at Northern Tool. (https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200672539_200672539)
Do you happen to remember what thread size the exhaust port is on the compressor where you attached your quick connect?
Is it the same size as where you removed the original gauge?

You're asking the wrong guy. If you read my posts, you will find that I think those little red cheap Chinese compressors are junk and a waste of hard earned money. That's why I am using a Viair 400 series compressor instead (the topic of this "how-to" thread BTW).

But to answer your question, although there are some reports of Masterflow/Superflow changing the thread and pitch of the threaded holes in the head to 1/4" NPT, which is the standard size for 12v portable compressors in the U.S., to the best of my knowledge they are still using 1/4" or a metric BSP thread which is not compatible with NPT and requires a tap and die to make the conversion.

Reactions: GaTechTJ