How to sound deaden the interior of your TJ

Just clean the bedliner really well. Sound deadener should provide some heat insulation. If you find its not enough. I put a layer of heat shield over the sound deadener. It blocks 97% of radiant heat.

www.carinsulation.com

Its cheap and goes down in large sections. So its quick and easy. You can just cover the tunnel and cargo area if you want too.
Thx again, on this stuff, did you do car insu first, then the Noico on top? Or other way around?

Dude, thanks for chiming in, I figured it would need to be squeaky clean if it worked at all, this gives hope :)
No problem, as stated before, just make sure to flatten the material all the way to mate with the metal. Let us know how it goes👍

Reactions: FJQue
Reactions: FJQue
Has anyone tried to remove the Noico sound deadener after the fact? I want to put it in but I don't want a sticky mess if I ever decide I want to replace it.

Has anyone tried to remove the Noico sound deadener after the fact? I want to put it in but I don't want a sticky mess if I ever decide I want to replace it.
During the installation process I found the Noico easy to remove without any residual mess. I have not tried removing after it has been installed for a longer time period. I expect it to come up pretty cleanly though.

Reactions: Duredel
haha yah that sounds like a nightmare. My guess would be once its on there its staying on there. I set mine down mb 6 months ago now and since then its been through many hot Texas days molding into place on my body. Its most definitely a permanent mod but worth it for sure.

Reactions: Duredel
It’s not terrible. I’ve had to pull up a couple spots here and there and some places are tougher to get off than others and if you want a clean tub afterwards you might have to use some degreaser or something but overall not terrible

Reactions: Duredel and D M
It’s not terrible. I’ve had to pull up a couple spots here and there and some places are tougher to get off than others and if you want a clean tub afterwards you might have to use some degreaser or something but overall not terrible
As long as it doesn't need a grinder to get it off I'll be happy.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Hey Chris, do you have any pictures of your install? Did you cover the entire Jeep w/ the 150 stuff or did you just do big squares in strategically placed locations?

I did as big of squares as I could, then covered the small areas with precision cut pieces. I don't have any photos unfortunately as that TJ was sold years ago.

It's very easy to do, just incredibly time consuming (took me 10 hours plus).

Hey Chris, do you have any pictures of your install? Did you cover the entire Jeep w/ the 150 stuff or did you just do big squares in strategically placed locations?
I did my entire tub. And it took less than a couple hours with 2 people. Not as nicely as Chris did on his tub. But its all under the carpet. So it didnt matter to me. Pics in my build thread. Or maybe this thread.

But you can still get good results just putting down squares on major panels.

Thanks. I appreciate all the help. This is my daily as well as my wheeling rig, so quieting it down would be nice. Did you see a big difference in exterior noise reduction after the install?
When you close your doors once you got the noico itll sound more like a normal car and not a tin can. The Noico is such a huge improvement over stock. My attempts have been to make my rig the most comfortable on and off road and the sound deadening cuts down the road noise by dramatic amounts .

Hotheads Sound Assassin (also a heatshield) + BedRug. Took 3 days. The tub was spotless with the exception of some duct tape glue residue. There are some blanks showing in the SA but I filled them in. Very little material left for scrap if you cover everything (maybe an 8" square). As stated above, I found it easiest to use complete sheets where practical then jigsaw it together for bends and impressions, etc. The seams can be made very minimal with the pliability of the SA. Get the HD Roller and use glue remover to clean it if you get butyl on it as well as glue in tub, if any. Isoprophyl alcohol prep on all surfaces.

I've had this LJ less than a month and driven it less than 50 miles so will have no before/after impressions to report, but it has to be better with both heat and noise. And the BedRug has additional heat shield for both front driver and passenger footwells.

PXL_20211014_174009438.MP.jpg

PXL_20211015_210938573.jpg

PXL_20211014_211952487.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Hotheads Sound Assassin (also a heatshield) + BedRug. Took 3 days. The tub was spotless with the exception of some duct tape glue residue. There are some blanks showing in the SA but I filled them in. Very little material left for scrap if you cover everything (maybe an 8" square). As stated above, I found it easiest to use complete sheets where practical then jigsaw it together for bends and impressions, etc. The seams can be made very minimal with the pliability of the SA. Get the HD Roller and use glue remover to clean it if you get butyl on it as well as glue in tub, if any. Isoprophyl alcohol prep on all surfaces.

I've had this LJ less than a month and driven it less than 50 miles so will have no before/after impressions to report, but it has to be better with both heat and noise. And the BedRug has additional heat shield for both front driver and passenger footwells.

View attachment 284025

View attachment 284026

View attachment 284027
Do you recall how many sheets you used ?

Just stumbled across this thread. I just got done replacing my factory sub and used Noico for the inside of the center console between the sub enclosure. Reduced rattle and helped quite a bit. With all the leftover material I have, I was thinking to use it on strategically placed areas in the tub to help reduce noise.

Doing the entire thing will get you the best result, but I've heard you can get quite a bit of reduction just doing certain areas like button of floor mats, transmission area, rear wheel wells, etc. Might just do strips instead of doing the entire thing.

To the fellow Jeepers that used something under the hood: How has it held up? I would consider doing this because the hood gets warm and it's annoying how it steams when rain hits it. That said, I don't think it's worth it if temeratures get hotter in the engine bay.

Just stumbled across this thread. I just got done replacing my factory sub and used Noico for the inside of the center console between the sub enclosure. Reduced rattle and helped quite a bit. With all the leftover material I have, I was thinking to use it on strategically placed areas in the tub to help reduce noise.

Doing the entire thing will get you the best result, but I've heard you can get quite a bit of reduction just doing certain areas like button of floor mats, transmission area, rear wheel wells, etc. Might just do strips instead of doing the entire thing.

To the fellow Jeepers that used something under the hood: How has it held up? I would consider doing this because the hood gets warm and it's annoying how it steams when rain hits it. That said, I don't think it's worth it if temeratures get hotter in the engine bay.
My sound deadening I put under the hood earlier this year has held up perfect.