How to swap a high amp Dodge Durango alternator into your Jeep Wrangler TJ

What voltage do you see at idle?

I don't closely track it, but I'll see what it is right now.

It's currently bouncing between 13.8v and 14.0v in idle.

IMG_0146.JPG

Note: this voltage reading comes from the OBD2 plug, so there's likely about 0.1vdc of voltage drop.

I don't closely track it, but I'll see what it is right now.

It's currently bouncing between 13.8v and 14.0v in idle.

View attachment 478613

Note: this voltage reading comes from the OBD2 plug, so there's likely about 0.1vdc of voltage drop.

I am reading it with OBD reader as well. I see that at idle I get 13.6 or 13.5. On highway, when RPM is much higher, I see 13.9 to 14.0.
Never see 14V during idle. Maybe indeed this is the fact that I dIdn’t swap the pulley

I am reading it with OBD reader as well. I see that at idle I get 13.6 or 13.5. On highway, when RPM is much higher, I see 13.9 to 14.0.
Never see 14V during idle. Maybe indeed this is the fact that I dIdn’t swap the pulley

I didn't swap the pulley on my Durango alternator. And, I've seen my voltage lower than what I gave you today. If you don't have problems starting or running your accessories I wouldn't worry about it (my $.02).

But I am curious what the stock pulley measurement is compared to what we are running (o.d. measured at the pulley ribs). I have a feeling the difference is only about a 1/8", but that's a guess and is something I'm interested in confirming just to know where things stand.