How warm does a TJ get inside on 80+ degree days?

I rarely take the whole top off to keep the sun off my head but I went most of last summer without any doors or windows. I generally just used the AC when I first got in to cool myself off some then shut it off while actually moving.

I love driving in BC, top on, doors off. You drive close to the forest,,,, ahh cool. Same you get beside the stream.... ahh cool. I cannot imagine wanting to have AC and miss that brush with nature. I'll often stop for a beer in that cool spot.

You might as well drive a Lincoln if you drive with AC.

Reactions: Ehallspqr
I’m in North Central Washington. No A/C in mine. Even when it’s 100°+ and I have reason to have the doors and hardtop on, it’s fine with the windows down once you get moving. I considered putting in A/C when I got the Jeep. Now I’d rather feel the wind. IMHO you’ll be fine without it.

I’m in the Denver, CO area and am doorless and with a safari top so far, pretty content. We’ll see when July/August hits.

Let me just add that I cannot imagine daily driving a Jeep w no AC living anywhere 90 degree weather hits. Primarily NJ or FL. When I say daily, I mean to and from, for any and everyday real life. No way you’re wearing a suit or tie or shuffling loved one’s anywhere in brutal heat w no option but open door / window / top, to cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: glwood
Checking in lol, I did buy one with AC and yes it definitely gets hot when it sits after running, not cold sitting so much, but air movement cools it down inside pretty quick too. But again, this is just warm western Washington weather, not some crazy 80-90 with humidity either fwiw.

I live in western wa. not far from Tacoma. We have like 3 weeks in the dog days of summer where it gets above 70. Even then the humidity is really low. People in the hot n humid states, yeah you need air but West Wa. it’s optional IMO. The top goes down, doors off, that’s the Jeep lifestyle. If it will be your only ride, perhaps a dressed out JK or JL with air, power everything, Tech. Me I just hop in the Q7 Audi when I want to be pampered.

Congrats on your new TJ

Reactions: ldeer77
So you let me down and became spoiled too..... you are shunned sir!

Hahah, tbh I was really feeling like it could be optional, but everything about this one was perfect. My hunch that it wouldn't have bothered me without was more or less correct though.

I haven’t checked that but I do know on full blast heat on high it’s blowing not warm air because it’s bypassed. So I’ve gotta flush n back flush heater core to find out if heater core leaks or not. If not leaking, I’ll hook heater hoses back up from being bypassed.

My AC went out couple years ago and not big deal to me. Bimini top is a life saver keeping the direct sunlight off. I think if it was my daily driver I'd be more inclined to get it fixed. Hard top off from May-October and put back on for the cooler months.

No AC fugetaboutit! I'm 48 and live in Ga , wanna make it to 49. No AC here is stupid insane especially when it's raining and all closed up🥵🌋

'06 LJ with a hardtop and crapped out A/C and it gets damned hot between the heat radiating off the floor and roof it'll cook you alive

Reactions: 01CuHed
My god I wish I had a/c slow driving on trails in the spring when the black flies are out and it’s 80 degrees! You either sweat to death or get eaten alive!

Anyone have any recommendations for skyjacker dampener?
Probably the wrong thread for this. As long as your tires are balanced any dampener should be fine. I run a moog hd from Napa for under 40 bucks. I did run others when I had bias ply swampers because they would flat spot.