How warm is the inside of your TJ?

If its bypassed odd are that the heater core has a leak. Replacement requires removing the dash, you will find many threads on the job. I have not done mine yet.
Yeah I’m well aware what’s involved replacing heater core but was hoping maybe like a smidgin that it was bypassed due to someone tried to cut back on heat in the cab. But may be the end result we’ll see. Gonna start by flushing heater core first n see what happens from there. If no leak then I’ll hook hoses back up. A/c blows cold.

I bypassed to avoid/delay the work involved with replacing the core. I thought a bonus would be better A/C but I cant tell the difference.

Normally I wouldn’t be concerned about the heater in Florida here, but will be shipping it up north to Maine for summer and into the late fall deer hunting at my hunting camp. Will need defroster at least.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
What equipment and / or supplies did you use for the flush? Asking cuz I gotta do mine as it’s been bypassed from previous owner. Gotta find out if heater core is shot or just needs a flushing.
Any advice will help.
Thanks!
Scott T.
I used a rental adapter from autozone, a garden hose, and a 5 gallon bucket