How Wranglers are made

1543276917379.png
see the resemblance?
1543277168872.png

1543276951101.png

1543277048949.png

Push to lock? That must be with the proximity thingy? I would have a straight up sport, but hubby says he isn't shifting or rolling windows up and down. But I will throw some pink on it and he won't be driving especially if I put that decal on that says "this isn't my husband's Jeep"!

If that little thingy in there is frozen, you can not even push it to lock. But again, it just brings back my little mishap with my ex renegade.

I am not comfortable with that type of handle most specially I know wranglers likes to be roughed-up. I like the JK one better.
1543277967767.png

I am not sure I would trade our "problems" for Japan's, or virtually any other country's. Japan is demographically old, and needed robots early on. Its low unemployment rate is more the result of having very low birth rates for decades now. Demographically, Japan is screwed.

It is also a country heavily in debt (highest debt to GDP ratio in the world) with per capital share of the national debt nearing $100k EACH. The currency is propped up by the state banks, which are tightly controlled by the government. Monetarily, Japan has major issues.

More subjectively, its virtually homogeneous society has resulted in (by some measures) a closed culture. Japan is not an entirely pleasant place to live for a non- Japanese/ non-native- never personally lived there but world traveled execs I know label it the most racist culture they have experienced, especially toward fellow Asians.

Just being a devils advocate to help put into perspective the quoted comment.

1. Japan didn't introduce automation in manufacturing because they had arthritis. They are on the forefront of Kaizan Lean manufacturing. They brought the samurai code to factories lol.

2. Not sure if still true.. but Japan had huge amounts of personal savings. They led the way in individual savings.

3. Being closed off is not a bad thing.

Just being a devils advocate to help put into perspective the quoted comment.

1. Japan didn't introduce automation in manufacturing because they had arthritis. They are on the forefront of Kaizan Lean manufacturing. They brought the samurai code to factories lol.

2. Not sure if still true.. but Japan had huge amounts of personal savings. They led the way in individual savings.

3. Being closed off is not a bad thing.
Your points are more semantics than substance and is a good reminder why I should stick to Jeep stuff.

I have been in Japan several times for work related. They are way way efficient in their workforce. I also worked with automotive fellows in Detroit in my younger years. I am not saying they are better but here are the few that sticks out:

Their paycheck: they earn it.
* They expect to work more hours for the week.
* Their parents stay at their kids home, they take care of their adults.
* Their guys are really the boss in the family.
* Poor and lazy, it's a disgrace.

Our paycheck: we deserve it.
* We wish to work less hours for the week.
* Our parents, bound to nursing home or home for the aged.
* Our guys thought are the boss in the family.
* Poor and lazy, free food stamps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho