Howdy from the VA mountains

DEValken

You member
Supporting Member
Good morning all,

I've lurked here for over a year (not much on computers since DOS 5.2), learned an amazing amount just reading old posts:

My Hi-lift jack I just had to buy is a poor boat anchor.
33" tires can (not) be run on a stock TJ.
A Jeep is not a car, a truck or an SUV. It's a jeep.
Zedd wants flames to shoot out his tailpipe.
CAIs are worthless for the 4.0.
Bumpstops are important.
Purple CAN be appropriate on a TJ (I guess).
LJ owners DO NOT like the term TJU.
Chris doesn't like black vehicles.
D35s can't run 35s.
People don't like to search old posts for answers (what size tire can I fit?).

The list goes on and on. I started reading the General forum backwards a few months ago, reading anything that looked important (or fun :) ). Thought Blaine was a crotchety old cranky fart, then read more - and understood why... (disclaimer - I am a crotchety old cranky fart as well, so I can say it). His post explaining why was refreshing. You guys have FAR more patience for stupid questions than I.

I have to give thanks to almost everyone on this forum. Chris for setting it up, and having a great vision for what it needed to look like. Chris, Jerry, Blaine, StG, flivver, jjvw, JMT, bob, Fouled, tworley, toximus... I could go on for a few more lines. The friendliness and not just willingness - but desire - to help found here is outstanding. If any of you knew how much you have taught me you would send me a bill for services. Thanks again for all you guys do...

Dave

:ROFLMAO:

You my friend get the award for best new member introduction. Clearly you've been lurking for a while, and you've caught on to all the good stuff.

Glad you're enjoying the forum! If only we could get our TJs to pop and shoot flames though... then life would be better :LOL:

I've also made it my new years resolution to refrain from using the term "LJ" and only refer to them as what they really are... "TJ Unlimiteds". My guess is I'll rub a few people the wrong way in the process, but I can't help myself ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bouncer
Do I get a banner?? That would be great!

It's good to rub people the wrong way sometimes, it lets their bottom layer of back-hair dry. They won't like it at first, but will feel cleaner afterwards.

Just curious, I was a Supporting Member until I changed computers this morning - now I'm back to New...

Reactions: Chris
Do I get a banner?? That would be great!

It's good to rub people the wrong way sometimes, it lets their bottom layer of back-hair dry. They won't like it at first, but will feel cleaner afterwards.

Just curious, I was a Supporting Member until I changed computers this morning - now I'm back to New...

Do you have two different user accounts?

No, I've only used this one. It was 2 Dec 19 if it helps... I was thinking this was a good way to push lifetime membership. 🤫

Weird! Maybe it's a glitch on my end. I went ahead and made you a supporting member though, so your'e good to go ;)

:ROFLMAO:

You my friend get the award for best new member introduction. Clearly you've been lurking for a while, and you've caught on to all the good stuff.

Glad you're enjoying the forum! If only we could get our TJs to pop and shoot flames though... then life would be better :LOL:

I've also made it my new years resolution to refrain from using the term "LJ" and only refer to them as what they really are... "TJ Unlimiteds". My guess is I'll rub a few people the wrong way in the process, but I can't help myself ;)
Yup - Chris you rubbed me wrong on two accounts already since I have a BLACK LJ

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the forum from NorCal, Zedd’s the Miata lover and official.sheepboy wanted the flames coming out of his tailpipe.

Welcome from Texas !

Hooah! Retired 14S, spent a LOT of time at Bliss back in "the day" before truck drivers took it over. Gotta love lava rocks and scrub oaks... one day I'll get back and find my compass. Only been 25 yrs, nothing rusts out there.

Death before dismount!

Welcome to the forum from NorCal, Zedd’s the Miata lover and official.sheepboy wanted the flames coming out of his tailpipe.

Best thread ever... I cried a little when Chris locked it. Three bags of popcorn ready with nothing to read.

I did hear he found his Daaaaaaad over in another pasture, so there is that.

1582458505128.png

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
Love your part of the country. I did some growing up in NOVA which was gross, but I spent a load of time out in your neck of the woods and around the Shenandoah Valley - raced out at Summit Point, hunted around Ft. Royal.. My goal is to figure out a way to retire out there. Love it. I've always said they oughta delete the border between Virginia & West Virginia and make NOVA it's own state. It'd be better for everyone.

Love your part of the country. I did some growing up in NOVA which was gross, but I spent a load of time out in your neck of the woods and around the Shenandoah Valley - raced out at Summit Point, hunted around Ft. Royal.. My goal is to figure out a way to retire out there. Love it. I've always said they oughta delete the border between Virginia & West Virginia and make NOVA it's own state. It'd be better for everyone.

From about Front Royal west life changes for sure. We're close enough to WV a strong west wind makes your sister look, well, just different. WV already extended an open invitation to adjacent counties to leave VA and join them... political gesture only, never happen. We were discussing (Appalachian-Americans) forming our own lobby group to help push it through Richmond, but then we started playing horseshoes and drinking beer... forgot all about it.

From about Front Royal west life changes for sure. We're close enough to WV a strong west wind makes your sister look, well, just different. WV already extended an open invitation to adjacent counties to leave VA and join them... political gesture only, never happen. We were discussing (Appalachian-Americans) forming our own lobby group to help push it through Richmond, but then we started playing horseshoes and drinking beer... forgot all about it.
I suppose the Richmond folks would want to take away Stonewall Jackson's cannons.

I like this guy!

Reactions: Phil Younger