Howdy from Utah

AgentLJ

TJ Enthusiast
New to this forum, but been doing the jeep thing for a bit.

Got into Jeepin' from my friends who grew up in Moab.

First Jeep was a 2001 WJ named Jimmer. It won 2009 Rig of the Month for February on JF and went on to with 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Year. Had 33's (big for a WJ back then lol), an aussie locker, icelandoffroad prototype bumper and sliders, rockkrawler long arm kit ect.. It was a great jeep and took me many places, but I got to the point that it was limiting my progression on the trails. I sold it (wife cried) and bought an LJ the same day. I bought a 2007 Hemi Overland WK to keep her happy but have since sold that as well.

Currently I own 2 jeeps. First is my 89 XJ with 130k miles. Besides paint, the jeep is flawless and has been well kept. It was originally purchased new by my grandparents and I even drove it for a period of time to high school. It currently has a 3" lift and 33" Ko2s on TJ Moab wheels. Its my daily winter driver.

My primary Jeep is my 2004 LJ. I have owned it for 9 years. Jeep is 20 miles from 100k as of this post. 2/3rds of those mile are trail miles. :)
The LJ is about to go under the knife for some upgrades, but currently it is on built d44s, detroits, 37"km2s, RE long arm w/ triangulated rear uppers done by ben hanks, Genright highfenders and armor, 3" lift springs, no body lift, cj7 tailgate, Warn winch and lots of rock lights lol

If you live in Utah hit me up, I founded Utah JeepCrew in 2009 and love to take people wheeling.

36492786813_e977782f7b_k.jpg

Wow, awesome TJ, awesome photos, and it looks like you literally live in paradise!

What do you do for work out there if you don't mind me asking?

BTW, you should submit that photo (or another?) to next month's Ride of the Month contest. You might win $100 and a TRE gift card / goody bag.

That's an awesome photo!

Wow, awesome TJ, awesome photos, and it looks like you literally live in paradise!

What do you do for work out there if you don't mind me asking?

BTW, you should submit that photo (or another?) to next month's Ride of the Month contest. You might win $100 and a TRE gift card / goody bag.

That's an awesome photo!

Ha thanks! I have lots of photos. That one is actually from the 2017 Unlimited LJ Adventure.

I'm a LEO :)

I'll have to make some emprovements to the rig and get my feet on the ground then work on getting into ride of the month contests.

imgp6906_37115532456_o.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Alex01 and Chris
What do you mean just getting started!? Looks like your rig is already dialed. YOu stepping up to 60s? What's lacking in your suspension?

Reactions: AgentLJ
What do you mean just getting started!? Looks like your rig is already dialed. YOu stepping up to 60s? What's lacking in your suspension?

You're right, the LJ is very dialed in as it is. It does almost everything I ask it too. My issues over the years have been poor suspension joints, and long arm ground clearance.

My near future plans are to change my skid to gain some ground clearance, build new arms and weld new brackets on to the frame. My hope is to keep the antisquat about the same while gaining some ground clearance. I may try to go to a bent rear lower arm. Most likely I will end up doing a body lift, mml and have debated 39" km3s. My wheeling style and habits have produced long axle life on 37s. I have been running these axles and 37s since I swapped out the front Dana 30 in about 2012. No breakage or issues. I may have to build axles tho.

That is the worry for me, do I go big and build axles like Genright Tony told me to last time I was sand hollow? Or can I get away with my d44s. At the same time I want to replace all my control arms and joints and raise the belly, but don't want to ruin my current geometry which has worked so well for me for many years.

Reactions: Daryl and Feralkid
You're right, the LJ is very dialed in as it is. It does almost everything I ask it too. My issues over the years have been poor suspension joints, and long arm ground clearance.

My near future plans are to change my skid to gain some ground clearance, build new arms and weld new brackets on to the frame. My hope is to keep the antisquat about the same while gaining some ground clearance. I may try to go to a bent rear lower arm. Most likely I will end up doing a body lift, mml and have debated 39" km3s. My wheeling style and habits have produced long axle life on 37s. I have been running these axles and 37s since I swapped out the front Dana 30 in about 2012. No breakage or issues. I may have to build axles tho.

That is the worry for me, do I go big and build axles like Genright Tony told me to last time I was sand hollow? Or can I get away with my d44s. At the same time I want to replace all my control arms and joints and raise the belly, but don't want to ruin my current geometry which has worked so well for me for many years.
Are you on classic 44s, TJ 44s, or JK 44's? Impressive run with 37's. how long have you made a set of balljoints last? What brakes? Im also looking at some KM3s or MTRs for when i wear these milestar down. But I want to see how they grip when i run an actual well designed geometry (finishing my midarm) it's not fair for me to judge the tire being on 1/2 SA, 1/2 MA. I just ordered all Currie JJ's for my rear. I've been running metal cloak in front lowers, they seem to work fine also.

Check out the DIY belly pan i posted that Blaine walked me through, its so functional and DIY you can make it fit whatever you want, brackets etc.

Reactions: AgentLJ
I will have to look at the belly pan for sure! thanks!

I am on the factory rear Dana 44 and a TJ rubicon Dana 44 that was new from mopar when it was built. I also have PolyPerformance ball joints which have lasted me since It was built in 2012 and I still have no play or failure I can detect. (*knocks on wood* now that we talked about it..) Also on the factory brakes.

Reactions: Daryl
I will have to look at the belly pan for sure! thanks!

I am on the factory rear Dana 44 and a TJ rubicon Dana 44 that was new from mopar when it was built. I also have PolyPerformance ball joints which have lasted me since It was built in 2012 and I still have no play or failure I can detect. (*knocks on wood* now that we talked about it..) Also on the factory brakes.

your Jeep has held up great to 37’s and stock Rubi axles. It goes against the grain, but again proof that guys can have fun without going wontons.

Reactions: Daryl and AgentLJ
To be fair, I do have a rear axle truss and front chromoly shafts. I have Sierra racing gears which are supposed to be good. :crossesfingers: