Howdy from Wyoming

RockstarBobby

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Howdy y'all!
Been a fan of this forum for a little bit. The sharing of information has been invaluable to me as I work through the gremlins in my 2003 Sport.

This little TJ began life as a Border Patrol vehicle in South TX until it was purchased by a close friend of mine. He took this TJ about as far as he could running the backwoods of the TX hill country until he felt he did't want to just empty every pocket anymore. I took pity on him and purchased it. Shortly after shipping it up here to Wyoming, I realized getting this TJ up to par was going to take some TLC, but it would be worth it in the end. I started working on it a few weeks ago and haven't stopped since. I've got several ideas for what I want to do with this TJ, but I don't know all the tricks just yet.

I look forward to connecting with y'all, learning from ya, and sharing whatever lessons I learn from my own mistakes/successes.

Catch up to ya soon!

Bobby

03 TJ Sport.jpg
03 TJ Sport 2.jpg
03 TJ Sport with Ben.jpg

With the lighting in that first photo, it almost looks like it's Gobi (the JK color)!

Either way, white is an awesome color on TJs, I love it.

Welcome to the forum, you're definitely in the right place :)

Welcome! I lived in Casper (PV) for a few years. Grew up in southeastern WY and spend quite a bit of time up north in Sheridan. You picked a good site to join!

Reactions: RockstarBobby
I'm originally from the deep piney woods of East TX. I moved up to Wyoming last year and have truly enjoyed it. The fishing and hunting are phenomenal but what I've enjoyed more than anything has been the scenery. Pretty awesome mix of mountains and desert. There are long stretches of road without much traffic save the abundant pronghorn antelope. Those things remind me of the squirrels back home - them things are everywhere!

I was going to ask if y'all knew of some good places to wheel up here, but I just found out tonight that I may be headed back to TX again in the next few months for work. All the same, if y'all know of a couple of good places to go, I'd love to try and check them out before I head on down to the TX hill country. Probably need to dig into some threads on here about this. I'm sure i'm not the first fella to ask.

Reactions: tworley
With the lighting in that first photo, it almost looks like it's Gobi (the JK color)!

Either way, white is an awesome color on TJs, I love it.

Welcome to the forum, you're definitely in the right place :)
I fell in love with it because it is an off-white, not bright white. Not quite tan enough to be Gobi. It actually reminds me of a late 60s model Ford I had. The color is very similar. I don't know if it is the original paint or if the border patrol painted it.

How do you like those fenders? The look pretty rad on your TJ

Reactions: Chris
The only places I am familiar with would be the Big Horn Mtns further north. From Buffalo up to the MT state line. I didnt have my jeep when I was in Casper so I didn't explore to much of Casper Mtn. Though I believe there might be a park or spot called Poison Spider west of town that I believe is considered OHV friendly.

Welcome, cant't wait to see some action shots of your rig up there. I spent some time in Casper and Rawlins in my youth. My family had a house in Rawlins and a cabin in Elk Mountian. Beautiful place, I havnt been back in over 20 years.

Welcome Bobby :).

Greetn's from down yonder way, in Austin.

That's a right-fine paint job, very unique. I don't think I've ever seen a TJ with that factory-issue color. If the Border Patrol re-painted it, it's for certain they put one high-end paint job on it, in which case it should last you a lifetime, provided you keep it waxed. As you likely know, air temps are extreme along the border, as well as blazing sunshine, which leads me to believe the Border Patrol folks upped the ante on the finish.

If your job-trek places you back in Texas; I've found "Hidden Falls Adventure Park" to be blast, in the event you've yet to wheel there (link, below):

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/4x4
@b0xcar lives close to the park, and serves as a fine host for newbies to the same.

I'm a rock star, too :). Meet "Thelma and Louise" (photo below):

1580146903554.jpeg

White Jeeps rule!

Jeep Moab.jpg

Welcome to the forum! We go up to Rock Springs every winter for a kids hockey tournament, that I-80 is no joke!

The only places I am familiar with would be the Big Horn Mtns further north. From Buffalo up to the MT state line. I didnt have my jeep when I was in Casper so I didn't explore to much of Casper Mtn. Though I believe there might be a park or spot called Poison Spider west of town that I believe is considered OHV friendly.
My neighbor has been telling me about the Big Horn Mountains. He has been a pretty strong advocate for taking the family up there for a weekend. Think I may need to try and go. Hopefully the roads stay clear enough to travel up.

Welcome Bobby :).

Greetn's from down yonder way, in Austin.

That's a right-fine paint job, very unique. I don't think I've ever seen a TJ with that factory-issue color. If the Border Patrol re-painted it, it's for certain they put one high-end paint job on it, in which case it should last you a lifetime, provided you keep it waxed. As you likely know, air temps are extreme along the border, as well as blazing sunshine, which leads me to believe the Border Patrol folks upped the ante on the finish.

If your job-trek places you back in Texas; I've found "Hidden Falls Adventure Park" to be blast, in the event you've yet to wheel there (link, below):

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/4x4
@b0xcar lives close to the park, and serves as a fine host for newbies to the same.

I'm a rock star, too :). Meet "Thelma and Louise" (photo below):

View attachment 136927
Howdy bubba! I'll be relocating to Georgetown/Leander area in a couple months. I'd love to hook up with some veteran wheelers like you and @b0xcar. Think it would be a lot of fun. Could always jam out on the ol'git-fiddles too.

Reactions: Jeepers-n-Creepers
Casper is my #1 spot for relocation if my wife and kids decide Wyoming one day. Gillette is #2. Mountains aren't too far away, but I prefer them closer. I'm pretty naive when it comes to living in the winters up North, though. How has that treated you up there? How's the job market? I've read that Casper is booming as far as families moving in from out of state.

Got a buddy in Georgetown. My sister lives in Austin.