Howdy y'all from Texas!

L

LTTJ

I've been lurking and posting, but I haven't done a proper intro yet! So here goes!

I've wanted a Jeep since I was a kid. When it came time to buy my first car while I was in college, I just didn't think I could afford a Jeep, so I settled for a VW Beetle. My next car was a VW diesel Jetta that I've had since 2012... but we all know what happened there. Needless to say, it was not hard to convince my Jeeper husband to use our buyback money from VW to get me a TJ Rubicon.

It took about 6 weeks, but I found a beautiful 2005 TJ Rubicon with 58,000 miles on it. It was previously owned by a small town pharmacist in Louisiana who took great care of it. If you are lurking around here pharmacist, thank you!

Needless to say, I love it. My husband loves it. My son loves it. We are city dwellers and it's my daily driver, but we are already making plans for camping/off-roading with it after I have a few things fixed.

I'm very excited about the community here. I am looking to learn a lot from everyone and hopefully contribute in a meaningful way!

LT
83f9921164d4aac432cb632a9b45305a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking Rubicon, good choice!

Welcome to the forum too! We happen to have a lot of Texans on here.

Reactions: LTTJ
Welcome to the Forum. That's a great looking rubicon. It looks super clean.

It is! It is almost entirely original, minus a few things. I don't think the top has ever been taken off, either, so the inside is also in great shape!

Wow, that is a good looking Jeep!

Welcome from a fellow Texan

Any suggestions on places to take it in Texas? I've gotten some nice camping/wheeling suggestions in Oklahoma, but I'm wondering if there is anywhere people like to go in Texas.

Great looking Rubicon, good choice!

Welcome to the forum too! We happen to have a lot of Texans on here.

Thanks! I read through a lot of Jeep forums, including this one, when trying to decide what to get! I appreciate all y'all helping me make a good choice!

Also, Texans know a good vehicle when they see one! I'm not surprised to find a lot of my fellow Texans on here!

Reactions: Chris
Thanks! I read through a lot of Jeep forums, including this one, when trying to decide what to get! I appreciate all y'all helping me make a good choice!

Also, Texans know a good vehicle when they see one! I'm not surprised to find a lot of my fellow Texans on here!

And with that weather down there, you've got a lot of perfect days for no top and no doors!

Reactions: UpperMI
58K miles. Nice. When we were looking I came to notice that finding these things with less than 100k and in good shape was somewhat challenging.

58K miles. Nice. When we were looking I came to notice that finding these things with less than 100k and in good shape was somewhat challenging.

Yeah, I had the same experience. A local guy who only sells TJs told me average mileage on a TJ is somewhere around 150K and finding them with less than 100K was not very likely. Luckily, because VW wasn't exactly quick or helpful about the buyback program for the Jetta, I ended up with plenty of time to look.
I did come across a few that were low mileage, but clearly not driven on a regular basis, which made me shy away. This one was driven on a regular basis, but in a small town. I was also lucky enough to get the dealer that the previous owner always took it to on the phone. They gave me a lot of background on the Jeep and the complete service history. That was probably one of the best things I did, was call them when I saw their info on the carfax.

Yeah, I had the same experience. A local guy who only sells TJs told me average mileage on a TJ is somewhere around 150K and finding them with less than 100K was not very likely. Luckily, because VW wasn't exactly quick or helpful about the buyback program for the Jetta, I ended up with plenty of time to look.
I did come across a few that were low mileage, but clearly not driven on a regular basis, which made me shy away. This one was driven on a regular basis, but in a small town. I was also lucky enough to get the dealer that the previous owner always took it to on the phone. They gave me a lot of background on the Jeep and the complete service history. That was probably one of the best things I did, was call them when I saw their info on the carfax.

Good call. Welcome from a fellow Texan who also found a low mileage Jeep! I'm in central TX and there are plenty of places to wheeel within an hour. If you check the regional section of this forum and go to TX, there is a thread devoted to places to wheel in TX. Great looking Rubi!. Took me six months to find my TJ...