How's it going over there Frank?

Looks like California is on fire again as well (seems like it always is).

@Stinger, saw this on the news just now and thought of you:
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/central-oregon/wildfire-threatening-1200-homes-near-sisters/237568469

Hopefully you're out of harms way. I hate to see something like this happen to a place as beautiful as Sisters!

It's kinda scary living in fire country! This is one of the reasons our HOA is a tyrant about fire issues! All in our areas have stocked bug-out-bags in the garage.:(

More to the point: this particular fire is north of us and the winds are southerly, at least for now so maybe we will be spared.

Thanks for the concern:)

Reactions: Chris
Hopefully it stays that way. That's gotta be scary!

At least you have the perfect bug out vehicle!

Hopefully it stays that way. That's gotta be scary!

At least you have the perfect bug out vehicle!

My "bug out" vehicle is sitting on the lift with the trac bar and mounting brackets cut out. Just got the replacements today and have not yet had time to install anything else. However, the motorhome will work just fine when we bug out to Astoria!

My "bug out" vehicle is sitting on the lift with the trac bar and mounting brackets cut out. Just got the replacements today and have not yet had time to install anything else. However, the motorhome will work just fine when we bug out to Astoria!

Just don't get caught in any off-road situations :p

It seems so. Never really threatened us but a wind shift could have made it a different story!

None that i know of Chris.
There have been fires in the coast range that have been enormous such as the Tillamook burn many years ago. However, not many.
The Tillamook Burn was actually three large fires over a couple of years.

You know Frank, I can have an SAR load out in the Jeep in under half an hour and be on the road. If you need assistance, don't hesitate to call, right? We could probably muster up a pretty good crew on here to lend a hand in short order. Just a thought, and it occurred to me to mention it.

I could have a rigged Jeep and a Suburban in your AO in three hours.

Last edited:
The Tillamook Burn was actually three large fires over a couple of years.

You know Frank, I can have an SAR load out in the Jeep in under half an hour and be on the road. If you need assistance, don't hesitate to call, right? We could probably muster up a pretty good crew on here to lend a hand in short order. Just a thought, and it occurred to me to mention it.
I appreciate the thought!

If this area goes up there are going to be a hell of a lot of people needing help. We are pretty well set. However friend when that tsumani hits tell me where to help you. Seriously!

When I was in the sixth grade my Dad worked in the blimp hanger in Tillamook that housed the plywood mill. We learned a lot about the burn. That was about 50 years of my life that I spent during that winter in Tillamook.

Reactions: StG58
I appreciate the thought!

If this area goes up there are going to be a hell of a lot of people needing help. We are pretty well set. However friend when that tsumani hits tell me where to help you. Seriously!

When I was in the sixth grade my Dad worked in the blimp hanger in Tillamook that housed the plywood mill. We learned a lot about the burn. That was about 50 years of my life that I spent during that winter in Tillamook.

How far in do you think that tsunami will make it (when it happens)?

How far in do you think that tsunami will make it (when it happens)?

If Cascadia hits over 8, the Valley will be flooded. IMHO. Maybe not over the coast range but up the Columbia and down the Willamette.

Troutdale, Oregon City, anything under about 100' elevation on the coast. Some of the computer models I've looked at are pretty scary. Places on the Oregon and Washington coast could change elevation by as much as 50 -75'.

I'd love to see some of the computer models or maps that show potential affected areas.

I'd love to see some of the computer models or maps that show potential affected areas.
Very interesting article this morning in the Bend Bulletin on this very subject. It also has an impact map! Might be on line.