Washington Huge WA 4x4 Swap Meet in March 2023

ArmyRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Edit on 3 November 2022 - go to post #10

I've been going to this swap meet in WA for years - it is huge. If you get a chance to attend, you'll be glad you did.

Lots of 4x4 related companies and vendors participate too. I always make it a point to make sure I'm off work that day so I can attend.

[URL]http://www.moonshinersjeepclub.com/uploads/pdf/swapmeet_flyer_2022.pdf[/URL]

I'm already making a list of things to be looking for. But you never know what you'll find or end up dragging home.

Spanaway swap meet.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: steelhd and Zorba
The 4x4 swap meet is Sunday, 13 March 2022. On the day before (Saturday, 12 March) the same place is having a huge Ham Radio show and swap meet. So if you're a ham radio person or are just interested in communications, and coming from way out-of-town for the swap meet, you might want to come out a day before and check it out.

ArmyRN aka KI7TSP

Ham radio meet 2022.PNG

Reactions: Squatch
I've been going to this swap meet in WA for years - it is huge. If you get a chance to attend, you'll be glad you did.

Lots of 4x4 related companies and vendors participate too. I always make it a point to make sure I'm off work that day so I can attend.

http://www.moonshinersjeepclub.com/uploads/pdf/swapmeet_flyer_2022.pdf
I'm already making a list of things to be looking for. But you never know what you'll find or end up dragging home.

View attachment 305167

Maybe I'll actually go this year since it's been a few years since I've gone. Next year I'm going to rent a space so I can try and sell off all my unused parts.

Reactions: Irun and Squatch
Swap meet is this coming Sunday. I'm stoked. I really look forward to this once-a-year event. I have to remember to bring a little backpack for all the small stuff I collect during the day.

Kids make a killing there offering to haul stuff out to your vehicle (for a fee) with their small carts and wagons. I guess their parents have booth set up, and they're looking for something to do.

Reactions: Wildman
Swap meet is this coming Sunday. I'm stoked. I really look forward to this once-a-year event. I have to remember to bring a little backpack for all the small stuff I collect during the day.

Kids make a killing there offering to haul stuff out to your vehicle (for a fee) with their small carts and wagons. I guess their parents have booth set up, and they're looking for something to do.

I was thinking about going but had something come up that conflicts and is a higher priority. I really need to plan on going next year with all my unused parts and stuff I bought by mistake. A few of my Jeep club members always have a booth so I'll have to see about sharing space with one of them.

Awesome swap meet. Literally, twice I overheard someone on their cell phone essentially telling someone they needed to get there, they were missing out.
I bet it's pretty good given folks collected a bunch of shit over covid! Wish I could've gone.

And as usual, on the day before they're having a huge HAM radio show and swap meet.

http://mikeandkey.org/flea.php

Saturday, 11 March 2023.

"The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest. It is held on the Washington State Fairgrounds during the first part of March, up to 3,000 Hams and non-Hams alike are drawn to a modern 40,000 square foot facility located on two floors of the Exhibition Hall with room for over 300 tables selling radios, computers, and general electronics equipment. Lots of radio and computer related items are available for sale and/or trade.

There is an on-site snack bar and a consignment area. License examinations are also given on-site."

Looks like they also will be doing testing there, so buy a study book and prepare, then show up and take your test!

Army RN (aka "KI7TSP").

mike and key swap meet.PNG

I think I'm going to try and make this one. In 2024 I'll have to get a booth so I can sell all my unused stuff.
Might drive the motorhome over and stay in the lot behind the fair grounds.

• Haha
Two weeks from today is the big 4x4 swap meet in Puyallup. And believe me, this thing is HUGE! It is both indoors and outdoors. There will be food vendors there. Big name companies are there selling stuff too. This isn't just a small club setting up a couple tables to get rid of their junk. You don't want to miss this once-a-year event. I'll be there, and I'm not even looking for anything in particular.

Sunday, 14 March 2023. 0900 - 1600.

Reactions: P man
I haven't been in years so I should go even if I don't buy anything. I just don't enjoy the drive over there and then home afterwards.

First time I went after coming home from Iraq I was still not allowed to do any weight bearing so I climb out of my Jeep ( On 35's) grab my crutches and hobble around to the back, open the tailgate and remove my wheelchair. Then strap the crutches to the wheelchair and lock up the Jeep. Then wheeled around the fair grounds and even bought some parts. But the look on people's faces was priceless as I swing out of my Jeep. It was a fun day but my arms were tired by the end of the day.

Didn’t find anything I was looking for, was nice since there wasn’t as many people as there was last time I was there but also not as much stuff either.
Only things I bought was my entry ticket and some scones. Did run into my brother and some people I haven’t seen in a while though so that was cool

Didn’t find anything I was looking for, was nice since there wasn’t as many people as there was last time I was there but also not as much stuff either.
Only things I bought was my entry ticket and some scones. Did run into my brother and some people I haven’t seen in a while though so that was cool

Missed another year. Maybe I'll make it next year? 😏
I should have a pile of parts to try and sell by then I hope 🙏 😅.

• Haha
Reactions: B00mb00m