Hurricane Irma

JeepNWilly

Jeep Addict
Supporting Member
To all my fellow Florida Jeepers it's gonna be an interesting weekend. This storm is looking to be a beast at 185mph as of today and possible shoot straight up our state. Hang in there and hope for the best.

It looks like the entire state is at risk. They are expecting a turn up which will take up the center the peninsula. It could possible exit some where up the northern east coast of the state.

Forecast track as of 2 AM EST this morning.

085945_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Reactions: Chris
Looks like it's not for sure that it's going to hit Florida or not from what I can tell. Hopefully doesn't!

Hurricane foresting is more like a crapshoot lol. Those paths move back and forth. We will know for sure when it hits or when it doesn't hit LOL. I remember when Hurricane Andrew was not supposed to be anywhere near Florida. No threat at all until that Saturday when it made the unexpected left turn and made a beeline for Miami. I was fishing down near Homestead early Saturday. By noon we were heading back to my cousins house in Miami when we noticed all the craziness of people getting hurricane supplies and were had no idea what was going to happen (Pre cell days). I rushed home (West Palm Beach) to help my dad board up the house and waited the storm.

Reactions: Chris
I will add my "Y'all stay safe!" Hey, I live in southern WA state. Seriously, be safe. Monster storm is bigger than Florida when it comes to diameter and what it will cover in square miles. So even a near miss will be devastating.

We have fires with our state 100% currently in smoke with about 80% in the unhealthy levels.

I am sticking with my "The Lost Summer of 2017".... dang.

All my best to Florida folks!

Reactions: Frank and Chris
Yeah good luck guys, wow...they said this is the strongest hurricane ever recorded in Atlantic waters!

Yeah good luck guys, wow...they said this is the strongest hurricane ever recorded in Atlantic waters!
Actually the largest ever in the Atlantic was Allen in 1980 I think ant it was clocked at 195. Irma made it up to join the number 2 list of 185 which includes Wilma.

It is down to 175 now but still forecasted to hit South East Florida and move up the coast as a Cat 4.

I've been keeping an eye on Irma, she's a big one.
Weather forecaster's have been a little undecided thus far of exactly where she hits but really hope everyone's prepared.
Already have family and friends up here in VA that left Florida. Be smart and stay safe.
Latest update actually shows Florida taking a direct hit, hopefully not.

Last edited:
She has weakened some but yea Florida is currently forecasted to get hit. Everyone except maybe the panhadle will feel something. I think the biggest issue will be people on highways when the storm hits. There are reports of bumper to bumper traffic along all the interstate highways.