Husky Liner vs. Weathertech?

Umbra

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Need floor mats for both my TJ and my Focus and have no experience with either.

I've been looking at both and they seem pretty similar except for price.

I have no experience with the Husky brand. But, in my wife's 2012 grand Cherokee, she has the weathertech floor mats. They are very nice.

In my TJ, I have the Quadratec brand. And I do like them.

The Weathertech are nicer, but more expensive. If I had to do it again, I'm not really sure which one I'd choose...

I have no experience with the Husky brand. But, in my wife's 2012 grand Cherokee, she has the weathertech floor mats. They are very nice.

In my TJ, I have the Quadratec brand. And I do like them.

The Weathertech are nicer, but more expensive. If I had to do it again, I'm not really sure which one I'd choose...

Dude...Just dont tell me your wife's GC is black....:)

My wife's 2012 Grand Cherokee has the weather tech as well. And yes the are nice and fit real well.

Cant speak to the other brands.

Haven't used either myself but it is on the list of upgrades I have been thinking about. I was curious if they go over the carpet or do they replace the carpet.

Both are made in USA according to their websites

Last edited:
I have the weathertech mats in my truck. Really like them. Will end up with a set in my wrangler eventually. I don't think there is much of a price difference between them and the husky liners.

I bought a Quadratech branded pair of front mats from Craig's list for my LJ.
Think I paid $30 or $35. They fit very well. I'm more than satisfied.

I've had both. The Husky Liners were in our Subaru and the Weather Tech mats are in our Wrangler TJ (and various past vehicles).

The Husky floor mats are cheaper for sure. They are similarly constructed to the Weather Tech floor mats. I think the only thing I noticed with my Weather Tech floor mats is that they appear to be a little bit thicker. Other than that though, they're nearly identical.

I've had both. The Husky Liners were in our Subaru and the Weather Tech mats are in our Wrangler TJ (and various past vehicles).

The Husky floor mats are cheaper for sure. They are similarly constructed to the Weather Tech floor mats. I think the only thing I noticed with my Weather Tech floor mats is that they appear to be a little bit thicker. Other than that though, they're nearly identical.

That's kinda what I'm seeing on net searches. And both a USA made.
I looked at the Quadratec brand and they're identical to Bestops. I assume that's who makes them. They're $59.99 but only come in black.
Weathertec and Husky both come in tan which is what i prefer. The huskys are quite a bit cheaper.

My wife has Mopar mats in her Cherokee and I like 'em. They look like they could either be WT or Huskys.

That's kinda what I'm seeing on net searches. And both a USA made.
I looked at the Quadratec brand and they're identical to Bestops. I assume that's who makes them. They're $59.99 but only come in black.
Weathertec and Husky both come in tan which is what i prefer. The huskys are quite a bit cheaper.

My wife has Mopar mats in her Cherokee and I like 'em. They look like they could either be WT or Huskys.

I recommend either of them. Having had both, I think they're both quality made, and they both do the job. The Husky liners are indeed cheaper, so if I did it again, I'd probably buy them just based off that.

Reactions: Umbra
I have the quadratec ones in my tj love em. I've messed with weather tech in vehicles I've detailed and they are damn good too. You can't wrong with either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weathertech mats were my first TJ upgrade. Husband has them in his GC, too. We love them and they are easy to clean. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I found a few comparisons (including a Tacoma :qmiedo:forum) that had some decent info, but I'd rather hear from ya'll.
welcome.. personally I only had weathertech in prior vehicles.. no complaints but I have a feeling I would be happy with the husky as well.I am cheap so I would go with the least expensive ones lol..

I've had WeatherTech in two previous vehicles. They are made well, and fit nice, but are too slick for my taste. I will not buy them again.