I absolutely love criminals like this dumbass

I have a good friend that works San Diego Sheriff's dept. on their drug interdiction task force. What you just described is almost impossible without other factors. You simply aren't allowed in this country to survey an area like that with no PC.
IDK but that's how they did it and they also factored in your electrical consumption for grow lamps.

this is ohio you can get locked up for a joint but the guy in the car next to you is workin his 10th DWI.

If he was on probation or parole....which he was per the article....no warrant needed.
Then why does the story say they showed up with a search warrant?

My issue is not with criminals or what they do. My issue is the story has enough holes in it to drive a semi truck through which is my first comment.

Yes, now you are getting into the other factors they use. But it is not correct to just do a thermal fly over survey and go bust a grow operation.
and another factor is............we are not even a 1/2 generation away from the corruption y'all make movies about.

IDK but that's how they did it and they also factored in your electrical consumption for grow lamps.

this is ohio you can get locked up for a joint but the guy in the car next to you is workin his 10th DWI.
Personally I use LED growth lights, so my electric use is not a noticeable factor. Love my indoor garden!!

Yes, now you are getting into the other factors they use. But it is not correct to just do a thermal fly over survey and go bust a grow operation.

Wat? Many illegal grows have been busted from the air. Much like if the cops drive by your house and see what looks like illegal activity they can get a warrant and search.

Personally I use LED growth lights, so my electric use is not a noticeable factor. Love my indoor garden!!
lots of home growers now. not my thing, but it don't bother me.
the equipment these guys used to have available would heat your house in the dead of winter and light you up like a Christmas tree, your electric meter spinnin like a top was enough to kick your door.

when i was a younger man i threw a seed of 2 into the garden once in a while, the neighbor lady liked the pungent smell right out her kitchen window.

now hydro set-ups are more common than home breweries.

Last edited:

My issue is not with criminals or what they do. My issue is the story has enough holes in it to drive a semi truck through which is my first comment.
I get it. Maybe an oversight on CNNs part. Wouldn't be tge first time they've made stuff up.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Prior criminal prosecution, prior busts at that address, on going investigations….

We don’t have the full story for the PC that was presented to the Judge.

Nor do I care. Don’t sell dope. Don’t post your stupid shit online. And fuck you anyway.
I bet you are happy to be away from those type of folks day in and day out. Seeing stupidity play out.

You are looking at this from a very different level of intelligence than the folks committing these crimes. The criminal did not research the link you posted before posting on fakebook. The authorities are aware of this as well and use it to arrest and convict. Criminals as a whole are not smart people.

We are having a very big problem with catalytic convertor thefts here in the IE. It takes about a minute using a cordless sawzall and bang your out $300-1000. They do not care about the noise or cameras etc. Usually have a "lookout/accomplice" and the police really do not have the resources to follow up.

Anyway, I am glad I found a somewhat honest way to make a living.

I have a good friend that works San Diego Sheriff's dept. on their drug interdiction task force. What you just described is almost impossible without other factors. You simply aren't allowed in this country to survey an area like that with no PC.

I agree with you in theory, but they absolutely have made arrests all over the country based on driving around with thermal cameras.

Whether stuff like that should happen is another matter, but it does, and the charges stick.

That isn't what the story says and that is what I have a big problem with.

Lol, yeah cause the media tells the whole story and has all the facts.

03C86A47-F178-43CE-8887-693019187F0E.gif

I agree with you in theory, but they absolutely have made arrests all over the country based on driving around with thermal cameras.

Whether stuff like that should happen is another matter, but it does, and the charges stick.
It isn't theory, it is part of our Bill of Rights. I also know unless they are done correctly, the charges don't always stick. I've had many conversations with my buddy in LE about this since he was the head of the task force and since I have an interest in the nitty gritty of how things work. You can't just drive around with a thermal camera and start arresting folks.

They showed up with a warrant because the posted ad showed the drugs in "plain view"

The police obtained the warrant prior to showing up at the house.

Technically the police do not require a warrant if something is in "plain view"

Reactions: reddvltj
They showed up with a warrant because the posted ad showed the drugs in "plain view"

The police obtained the warrant prior to showing up at the house.

Technically the police do not require a warrant if something is in "plain view"
Plain view doctrine doesn't typically apply to pictures. Not always true but you'll need to look at the warrant request, if there was one, for the reasoning. IE subject has priors.

Plain view doctrine doesn't typically apply to pictures. Not always true but you'll need to look at the warrant request, if there was one, for the reasoning. IE subject has priors.
In Kali, I believe you sign document stating you can be searched for no reason if convicted of certain crimes (felonies??). Seems like I heard that at one point. maybe at CCW class.