I absolutely love criminals like this dumbass

In Kali, I believe you sign document stating you can be searched for no reason if convicted of certain crimes (felonies??). Seems like I heard that at one point. maybe at CCW class.
It's a condition of all probation or parole. But only when actively on probation or parole. The article stated there was a parole/probation violation. Which means this guy was a Post Release Offender or PRO as they're called. Released early from prison due to overcrowding or other bullcrap reason and sent to parole. Outsourced to probation. So...no warrant needed to search assuming the photo was taken at his residence or place of boarding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick Flair and WSS
In Kali, I believe you sign document stating you can be searched for no reason if convicted of certain crimes (felonies??). Seems like I heard that at one point. maybe at CCW class.

If on probation or parole, yes you have zero rights to when you can be searched.

Edited to fix my mistake.

Last edited:
They showed up with a warrant because the posted ad showed the drugs in "plain view"

The police obtained the warrant prior to showing up at the house.

Technically the police do not require a warrant if something is in "plain view"
No one can tell those are drugs. I can post up a 1000 pics of white substances in baggies and you can't prove the contents of a single one enough to get a search warrant.

Plain view doctrine doesn't typically apply to pictures. Not always true but you'll need to look at the warrant request, if there was one, for the reasoning. IE subject has priors.
Plain view or not, there is no reasonable assumption as to the actual contents in the bag. Did you miss the bag of white powder in the bead lock picture? Is Josh peddling heroin now, did I send him heroin?

• Haha
  • Face Palm
Reactions: Rick Flair and jjvw
Plain view or not, there is no reasonable assumption as to the actual contents in the bag. Did you miss the bag of white powder in the bead lock picture? Is Josh peddling heroin now, did I send him heroin?

If josh is on probation and/or parole and his PO sees the pic, the PO doesn’t need probable cause, just reasonable suspicion.

And a bag of white powder, spoon and syringe is RS.

You are really missing some key points here that have been pointed out by former LEO’s.

Reactions: reddvltj
Reasonable assumption would be...

Hey I'm posting this on Facebook in plain view of the public. This is my name. I've got priors for possessing/distributing illegal substances that are white in nature and typically contained in baggies of that description. My Deputy Probation Officer or other law enforcement agency familiar with me (and may have been the causal factor of my probation or parole) recognizes my residence as that shown in the background of the picture. The picture is reasonably assumed to have been taken recently. Reasonable cause that he might have an oh shit moment and remove said substances from the premises. Submit the above to the Judge as a request to act in haste. There's your process in a nutshell. Right or wrong that's probably how it played out assuming he wasn't on probation or parole. If he was....you can stop at step two and go say hello.

Reasonable cause can be circumstantial in that case. They don't need it to be quantifiable.

It isn't theory, it is part of our Bill of Rights. I also know unless they are done correctly, the charges don't always stick. I've had many conversations with my buddy in LE about this since he was the head of the task force and since I have an interest in the nitty gritty of how things work. You can't just drive around with a thermal camera and start arresting folks.

Sure you can, you don't even need the thermal camera in my neck of the woods. You just drive around after a snowfall and look for the roofs that are magically clear. Means there's a heat source in the attic. You can totally get a search warrant based on that. Growers get busted every winter around here like that.

mrblaine said:
No one can tell those are drugs. I can post up a 1000 pics of white substances in baggies and you can't prove the contents of a single one enough to get a search warrant.

That's why you get a search warrant, to prove what is or isn't in that bag. If you already had proof you wouldn't need the warrant. Search warrants are granted all the time on far less. "Reasonable suspicion" is all you need, and some judges are more reasonable than others.

The Bill of Rights is meaningless when the people who run the system ignore it on a regular basis.

• Sad
Reactions: Farmergreg
I have a good friend that works San Diego Sheriff's dept. on their drug interdiction task force. What you just described is almost impossible without other factors. You simply aren't allowed in this country to survey an area like that with no PC.

One of my professors in college was a police officer in Detroit back in the day, and he said they would run thermo and bust grow houses. They eventually got jammed up legally, and the DA wouldn't touch cases like that anymore.

He had some pretty interesting stories

If josh is on probation and/or parole and his PO sees the pic, the PO doesn’t need probable cause, just reasonable suspicion.

And a bag of white powder, spoon and syringe is RS.

You are really missing some key points here that have been pointed out by former LEO’s.
No, I am not missing any key points. My point was and is that story has enough holes in it to drive a semi through.

Reasonable assumption would be...

Hey I'm posting this on Facebook in plain view of the public. This is my name. I've got priors for possessing/distributing illegal substances that are white in nature and typically contained in baggies of that description. My Deputy Probation Officer or other law enforcement agency familiar with me (and may have been the causal factor of my probation or parole) recognizes my residence as that shown in the background of the picture. The picture is reasonably assumed to have been taken recently. Reasonable cause that he might have an oh shit moment and remove said substances from the premises. Submit the above to the Judge as a request to act in haste. There's your process in a nutshell. Right or wrong that's probably how it played out assuming he wasn't on probation or parole. If he was....you can stop at step two and go say hello.

Reasonable cause can be circumstantial in that case. They don't need it to be quantifiable.
Again, probation/parole negates the need for the search warrant they say was obtained. Getting a search warrant based on a picture and a bitch neighbor is 100% bullshit and we all know that. Argue contrarily if you like, that won't change that.

Reactions: Zorba
Context. Ex: If I saw suspected child abuse in the background of a Facebook I'd have no issues at all signing a warrant. Bullshit or not...
I added a AZ CCW a few years ago, in the class, the instructor mentioned beating the crap out of an abuser is ok if you catch them in the act. In fact it is encouraged he said. It was a good class. Almost like a motivational get together. Another hour and I would have moved there.

Reactions: Rick Flair
No, I am not missing any key points. My point was and is that story has enough holes in it to drive a semi through.

So a news story is your beef? I’d agree. I’m sure there is more to it then what the good old media reports as “fact”.

But you keep on doing your thing.

Reminds me of the CTO at my last job: Working from home, joined a Zoom meeting with the owner, management and HR. Left a smoking bong and a bag of weed in the background. Luckily his work buddy sent him a text message so he was able to turn off the camera for a second and move his stuff.

I don't miss that job... :D

Reminds me of the CTO at my last job: Working from home, joined a Zoom meeting with the owner, management and HR. Left a smoking bong and a bag of weed in the background. Luckily his work buddy sent him a text message so he was able to turn off the camera for a second and move his stuff.

I don't miss that job... :D
Smoking, as in charged with filtered smoke leaking out the top?