I absolutely love criminals like this dumbass

Ya, I assume he had water in the bong. Isn't that what the water is for? filtering out the "bad" stuff like tar. No experience, asking for a friend (it's not boog)😵‍💫
KInd of. Usually to cool it down and remove any ash that goes through the stem.
Told from a friend. LOL

• Wow
Reactions: WSS
That's why you get a search warrant, to prove what is or isn't in that bag. If you already had proof you wouldn't need the warrant. Search warrants are granted all the time on far less. "Reasonable suspicion" is all you need, and some judges are more reasonable than others.

Reasonable suspicion is not sufficient; probable cause is needed to obtain a search warrant.

In law, what is the difference/distinction between the two?
PC is a higher standard.

In my experience, it would be necessary for an investigator to go further and gather additional facts (more than the posted picture) to establish probable cause to get a search warrant (if one was actually obtained).

Reactions: Rick Flair
PC is a higher standard.

In my experience, it would be necessary for an investigator to go further and gather additional facts (more than the posted picture) to establish probable cause to get a search warrant (if one was actually obtained).
Starting with-
Do we know whose home that pic was taken in?
Do we know that the box in the picture contains anything?
Do we know who took the picture?
Do we even know what State the picture was taken in?

Starting with-
Do we know whose home that pic was taken in?
Do we know that the box in the picture contains anything?
Do we know who took the picture?
Do we even know what State the picture was taken in?
Most likely yes to any picture data. Most folks do not turn off geo meta data on their phone. The only way to scrub meta data is to drop the original jpg, tiff, raw etc layer onto a new “image”. An exif reader will display all the info including the name of the phone that was attached to the camera. Photoshop, bridge, Lightroom, etc all have the ability to read this info. Some proprietary apps can too. Apple tried its hand with aperture. Not sure if it is still available or if anyone uses it.

PC is a higher standard.

And you are correct.

PC is for LE…if the suspect is on supervision, RS is all that is needed for a search. RS can be….your breath smells like alcohol. Or…you up and make a video calling your a PO a pussy? (Happened and funny to watch said video played with the offender in the office).

Meh. News organizations sucks with info and facts so I’m not upset. 🤷‍♂️😎😂

Reactions: WSS
Yes, now you are getting into the other factors they use. But it is not correct to just do a thermal fly over survey and go bust a grow operation.
I helped do that for jtf 6 in the Angeles National Forrest, lots of flir work because the pot gave off a specific heat signature. But that was 20 years ago, tech has changed a lot and people are more crafty. I should quantify that with we were flying UH-1s

If your purpose is to identify an excess heat signature of a particular residence, then a search warrant is needed to use a thermal imager.

The whole flir thing can be handed to outside contracts and then the data surveyed. Never using the knowledge in court. The issue is knowledge. Once you know we’re to look PC and RS pop up quick.

Utility company’s that use flir often report “hot” rooms.

Probably much like an employer hiring a private investigator to scour social media.

Last edited:
It could be any number of things. There is exactly zero to be learned from just a picture of a bag with white shit in it except "hey, there's a bag with some white shit in it".
It could be his loaded insulin syringe with a bag of epsom salt for a lovely candle light bath while smoking his medical marijuana. Let he without sin cast the first stone!

• Dislike
Reactions: TJ Jim