I aged 30 years in 2 days

astjp2

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Wednesday morning, I rolled over in bed, side sleeper, pulled my arm out from from under me. Things went pop and crunch in my right hand. I went to work that morning and then the pain started. So I got a walk in clinic appointment thinking I broke it. X-ray showed torn tendons. So that night both of my wrists locked up, both knees swelled and locked up and the pain was excruciating horrible. So I drove myself to the ER. Blood test results show I am having an inflammatory response but they don’t know why. Prednisone and Percocet help a little. Yesterday I felt pretty good, so I worked on a few projects and last night was pure hell. My thumb I text with even locked up. I only got 4 days of prednisone and was told to go see my regular doctor, getting an appointment with her takes 2 weeks to a month so I may have another ER visit coming today.
this sucks, I believe that this is how I am supposed to feel at 80, not 49. I quit drinking soda over a year ago, I am trying to just eat healthy but the way feel in the last 4 days…ugh kidney stones didn’t hurt this bad.

sorry, I just wanted to vent
Tim

Wednesday morning, I rolled over in bed, side sleeper, pulled my arm out from from under me. Things went pop and crunch in my right hand. I went to work that morning and then the pain started. So I got a walk in clinic appointment thinking I broke it. X-ray showed torn tendons. So that night both of my wrists locked up, both knees swelled and locked up and the pain was excruciating horrible. So I drove myself to the ER. Blood test results show I am having an inflammatory response but they don’t know why. Prednisone and Percocet help a little. Yesterday I felt pretty good, so I worked on a few projects and last night was pure hell. My thumb I text with even locked up. I only got 4 days of prednisone and was told to go see my regular doctor, getting an appointment with her takes 2 weeks to a month so I may have another ER visit coming today.
this sucks, I believe that this is how I am supposed to feel at 80, not 49. I quit drinking soda over a year ago, I am trying to just eat healthy but the way feel in the last 4 days…ugh kidney stones didn’t hurt this bad.

sorry, I just wanted to vent
Tim
Other than the pop and crunch, you just described the daily tribulations of someone with severe rheumatoid arthritis like Kat has. You have my utmost sympathy and I wouldn't wish that shit on anyone.

Other than the pop and crunch, you just described the daily tribulations of someone with severe rheumatoid arthritis like Kat has. You have my utmost sympathy and I wouldn't wish that shit on anyone.
Sounds like my wife as well. Constantly in pain. And I can’t do much at all to help.

If you truly are having an auto immune response (I believe you, not necessarily the doctors) buckle up. My wife has sub cutaneous lupus. She's got it under control for the most part, but getting to that point? Like @mrblaine, I don't wish that shit on anyone. Make sure to be your own proponent for your health... Keep pushing until you get real answers, not just drugs.

Reactions: Blondie70
Sounds like my wife as well. Constantly in pain. And I can’t do much at all to help.
All I know is it is 100% bullshit. Some days I have to practically lift her out of bed first thing in the morning, other days I have to help her into bed. The conversation of "what hurts the most today?" was old and busted about a week in. Notice it isn't "do you hurt?" because that is a given, it is just which place and how tolerable it is or isn't. Or my fucking favorite. Do you need the cane, just some help or the wheelchair today?

Well it maybe a medication induced problem, we should know from the blood work
Well I hope your hospital is more efficient than what I had to go through. I got the bare minimum for treatment the first time around and then got to back and spend a week there because they let me go too soon the first time. Keep their feet to the fire.

Reactions: astjp2
All I know is it is 100% bullshit. Some days I have to practically lift her out of bed first thing in the morning, other days I have to help her into bed. The conversation of "what hurts the most today?" was old and busted about a week in. Notice it isn't "do you hurt?" because that is a given, it is just which place and how tolerable it is or isn't. Or my fucking favorite. Do you need the cane, just some help or the wheelchair today?
That makes for a miserable existence for everyone involved. Sorry that is what you two are going through.

ER did a lot of blood work, some will be days getting back, I am home now with a 102.8 temp but the pain is less…

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj
The hell with a bidet... Just install a kitchen sink sprayer!

Screenshot_20210912-221754.png

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition