I am never going to finish my Jeep because of the snap-on truck!

Just follow it after work and wait for something to fall off ;).
There is a deal every week.

I needed to upgrade my 1/4" drive SAE sockets, almost $800 for everything, metric will be next in 1/4" drive. unless my wife kills me. My 30 year old Craftsman were just not holding up anymore and the chicom replacements are not as good as the USA forged ones.

• Wow
Reactions: Vasq

I needed to upgrade my 1/4" drive SAE sockets, almost $800 for everything, metric will be next in 1/4" drive. unless my wife kills me. My 30 year old Craftsman were just not holding up anymore and the chicom replacements are not as good as the USA forged ones.
snap on is forged usa? i thought they were bought out and moved overseas?

edit: scratch that, looks like most "hand tools" are still made in Milwaukee

One of the worst days was when I left a 3/8" drive set of short pinless swivel impact sockets at the base hobby shop working on my car one weekend. I think I paid like $300 something for 10-19mm, and they were awesome. Realized what I did when I got home, raced back there, they were closed. Went back there first thing Monday morning and no dice. Ain't no one seen any of them anywhere.

One of the worst days was when I left a 3/8" drive set of short pinless swivel impact sockets at the base hobby shop working on my car one weekend. I think I paid like $300 something for 10-19mm, and they were awesome. Realized what I did when I got home, raced back there, they were closed. Went back there first thing Monday morning and no dice. Ain't no one seen any of them anywhere.
I’m sure someone has seen them since. Over and over and over again.

I’m sure someone has seen them since. Over and over and over again.
Yeah, someone's loving them. I've wanted to get another set but I can't justify that kind of cost since I don't do it for a living anymore. All my stuff is still from my wrench turning days, mostly Mac & Snap-On. I break them out sparingly these days.

For me, it's been home renovations, honey do's, trees, planning for a damn pool, and just bought a tractor. I don't think I'll ever get around getting this Jeep done.

And a new shiny tool box for all my tools...well, almost all my tools.

If it makes you feel better, i can't finish my jeep because of the JEEP and this forum! So if it ain't one thing it's two.

I can't finish mine either. The more I do to it, the longer the to-do list gets. Stupid Jeep, stupid forum, stupider me!

I even got a Snap On rubber bad with my new crack torch...
IMG_2225.jpg

Most expensive rubber ever!

Last edited: