I am officially a TJ owner

My 2004 TJR

sized.jpg

Last edited:
Since it's a Rubicon , we will talk to Chris about bringing you in at Level 5 here.

Right now you are actually a TJ purchaser. Once you are able to look your wife in the eye and tell her those brown boxes on the front porch ups left aren't anything expensive , the black spot in the garage floor is normal , can drop the soft top at a red light , and have 8 check engine light codes memorized , you are official. We will send a certificate.

Welcome to the funnest vehicle ever produced, the great, free spirited people who love them , and the best TJ forum available .

Last edited:
"hest" doesn't wiki.
Thank you I have an autocorrect that I'm fixing to disable right now.

It is out of control.

.... And congratulations on getting a Rubicon. . To some degree they are a misunderstood vehicle , especially outside the Jeep world, it's just a sticker on a hood... But to a pile of rocks it means they're fixing to get ran over .

I let a young man test drive my 2006 Rubicon today and I took him to a little waterfall type rock climb that was wet and nasty and locked it in completely... I'm pretty sure he messed his pants and we can't find toilet paper.

I try not to be a rubisnob , a Sahara is actually a nicer interior package... And the seats are far more comfortable... But a rubicon is arguably one of the most potent production off road machines that has ever been produced for sale to the General Public.

That vehicle is at a mileage point where it pays to keep an eye on things like the cooling system... The steel chassis and steel frame and 4.0, there's no telling how much fun is left in it.

One thing I do like to see when a vehicle has a few miles that tells you it's enjoyable to drive... I have came to the conclusion if one is modified and has low mileage it may be because you can't drive it down the road over 50 miles an hour safely... That certainly isn't always the case but it can be.

Last edited:
Reactions: reddvltj
Is that even a word?
I made a grocery list the other day w/o my glasses and texted my wife...
"What the hell is muntjoc?"
...a half hour later after I beat my head on the wall..."Mintys", for the dogs.
Yeah, pretty close.

Lm
Since it's a Rubicon , we will talk to Chris about bringing you in at Level 5 here.

Right now you are actually a TJ purchaser. Once you are able to look your wife in the eye and tell her those brown boxes on the front porch ups left aren't anything expensive , the black spot in the garage floor is normal , can drop the soft top at a red light , and have 8 check engine light codes memorized , you are official. We will send a certificate.

Welcome to the funnest vehicle ever produced, the great, free spirited people who love them , and the best TJ forum available .
šŸ˜‚ my wife already bought me a bin because I had all sorts of smaller odds and ends coming in daily from Amazon and she was tired of them sitting on the counter. My soft top is currently stowed underneath my tool box at work. Iā€™m running out of spaces to store things.

• Haha
Reactions: Daryl
Lm

šŸ˜‚ my wife already bought be a bin because I had all sorts of smaller odds and ends coming in daily from Amazon and she was tired of them sitting on the counter. My soft top is currently stowed underneath my tool box at work. Iā€™m running out of spaces to store things.
You are going to fit right in .

Reactions: Rubicon John
Forum Manual 2018/volume 2 - vehicle purchase level guidelines, revised September of 2019 :

Has committed to purchase-TJ purchaser

En route to get TJ - pending ownership

Has TJ, not titled - pending ownership , with no registration

Has title in name, tag and drives - new owner

Has grease under nails , wife is mad, parts all over garage , 2 active threads, card is over the limit , UPS greets you by first name- TJ OWNER

You snigger at 4 doors , jeep wave only Tjs and LJs , call other Jeeps mall crawlers, don't go places with wife if you can't drive the TJ, you see a sign that advertises "topless" anything and you immediately think about your TJ , you give advice to the counter guys at the parts store , and generally eat ,sleep and breath your Jeep , you get the highest honor we can bestow -TJ MAN

Chris makes the rules , I'm just on the documentation board.

• Haha
Reactions: TJRick and reddvltj