I can’t believe people would pay $50k for JL Sahara

I think the Cherokee’s and Rams are a better build.
Agree. have owned 3 Rams (2014 1500 Laramie Sport, 2019 1500 Laramie Sport, 2020 2500 Laramie Off-Road) and many others. Ram has been my hands down favorite aside from fuel economy. They like fuel. Had a Dodge Durango and a Dodge Nitro too. That's another story.

Reactions: pc1p and Apparition
For the same price though you could get a limited explorer which is leaps and bounds better than this JL Sahara. I’m sure the JL is better off-road but that’s not what the majority of them are used for.

Based on this JL I fully expect the Bronco to sell well.
For the same price (actually a smidge less), you could get a Grand Cherokee Limited as well.

I think the Bronco will sell well too, but probably won't take much away from Jeep buyers IMO. People don't buy Wranglers b/c of their excellent ride, exceptional gas mileage, class-leading ergonomis, or top-notch reliability. They buy them because they are iconic - just like a Mustang or a Harley. If anything, I expect to see less 4Runner (or similar) sales, though I think the delays to the Bronco release, followed by the mediocre Bronco Sport release (and likely some brand muddying with the large gap in the release dates) have hurt the Bronco.

the Willys owners said it about the CJ, the CJ owners said it about YJ, the YJ owners said it about the TJ, the TJ owners said it about the JK, the JK owners said it about the JL

:LOL:

I’ve been thinking about buying a new jeep lately. I decided to put 60k in the 401k and throw a few hundred into my 2000 Sahara. Bought her new and she still runs strong and drives great.

finding this website helped me make the decision.

I’ve been thinking about buying a new jeep lately. I decided to put 60k in the 401k and throw a few hundred into my 2000 Sahara. Bought her new and she still runs strong and drives great.

Good choice. Financial advisers will not tell you to invest in a Jeep.

I should’ve never opened this thread! Lol. I’m looking for a JLU Sahara to use as my daily driver. It‘s what I want and you aren’t going to change my mind! Key word is *want*. i love the look and want to keep the miles off of the TJ. I probably won’t pull the trigger until the ‘22 models come out and then buy a used ‘19-21.

p.s., WTF is FCA?
Buying slightly used is the best way to go IMO. A year ago I bought a 50k 2018 JLUR with 20k miles on it for $37.5k. It came with 12 more months of factory warranty, a Mopar 2.5" lift, and new tires. I added an extended warranty so it's covered another five years. We already had a 2000 TJ that we kept and I just bought another 04 TJ Rubicon. It's a sickness for sure... The UPS guy delivered my new winch while I was washing Jeeps and said "I think you have a Jeep problem" LOL 😆

• Haha
Reactions: pc1p

This is almost exactly what we did last year. While we were in Hawaii for spring break, they started closing everything for COVID (NBA, flights, etc) and when we finally got back I was really tempted to get a Power Wagon (I was already looking at them prior to leaving on break). Ram was discounting them heavily (>$15,000 off MSRP and >$5000 below retail!) and was even offering 0% interest for 72 months.

I don't buy new vehicles (usually get them ~1 year old) and I tend to keep them for a long time (10+ years), but the used-prices for Power Wagons are very similar to Jeeps, so there wasn't a significant savings to be had in buying used. I was also planning on paying cash, but financing at 0% was tempting since I could dump the $52k into our savings/investment accounts and pull some off monthly as needed.

Thankfully, I resisted temptation - we ended up skipping the Power Wagon purchase and maxed out our 401k, retirement and other investment and savings contributions. I was curious so I just logged into my account to check and see how well we did at the 1 year mark...

Capture.JPG

44% Rate of Return! :love: On $52k of investments, that's enough earnings to pay for my TJ, all the mods done so far (including the Hemi swap), all the mods I want to do, and then some - plus zero asset depreciation!