I can't believe Amazon would do this...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Maybe this is old news to some here, but I had a SHOCK dealing with Amazon. I purchased an item that was supposedly sold by a 3rd party, but "Shipped by Amazon" - like so much is. That's fine. However, I had to wait almost 3 weeks for it because it wasn't shipped by Amazon at all, it was shipped out of China. I'm more than bit pissed about this - I could have bought the same thing for a buck or so less on eBay and had the same 3 week service. I've never experienced this from Amazon before - they usually take their sweet time shipping stuff, but once its shipped its domestic and gets here - false advertising as far as I'm concerned.

I've never had "Shipped by Amazon" mean "Speedpak from China" before. I'm not really upset that it took this long, I'm just annoyed that I wasn't told the full truth ahead of time. So "beware"!

Never had that happen without them clearly stating the delivery.

I thought you liked slow boat shipping?

Never had that happen without them clearly stating the delivery.

I thought you liked slow boat shipping?
I'm fine with slow shipping - again, they didn't TELL ME! I thought "Shipped by Amazon" meant exactly that... I could have saved a couple of bucks by buying the same item on eBay where I knew ahead of time that it would be shipped from China - indeed, that's what I normally would have done. I expect shipments from Amazon to be domestic - now its become apparent that not all are. Big surprise here!

Reactions: Apparition
Did they give you a quick estimated arrival date? I just ordered a 12v fan for a refrigerator condenser and it wont arrive for a couple of weeks, thats how I know where it is coming from. CHINA

Reactions: srimes
Did they give you a quick estimated arrival date? I just ordered a 12v fan for a refrigerator condenser and it wont arrive for a couple of weeks, thats how I know where it is coming from. CHINA

This. They're pretty good about telling you when you can expect it. It's easy to assume it'll be quick as most things from them are.

Never had this happen. I buy a ton of stuff from Amazon. I can think of only a few instances where delivery took longer than expected. It’s usually here earlier than the expected ship date. And never from an origin I wasn’t aware of.

Right now, 9/20, it reads "FREE Delivery Sunday, September 25 if you spend $25 on items shipped by Amazon ". When I purchased it, it was similar. That doesn't even HINT at being SpeekPak from China.