I found a R2.8 Cummins Jeep on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
For that price someone would be stupid not to buy this thing.

Wow, that engine and swap alone cost more than what they're asking! If I was closer I might not be able to resist.

Reactions: RangerRick
Well he may not be in it all that much. If you had a TJ sitting around and fabbed most of the stuff yourself, you won't have a lot of cash in it. He definitely didn't use a full kit. Who knows he could be associated with a builder's program as well. Under $20k is what these typically go for in ordinary vehicles. I've seen stuff listed at something crazy like $300k with these engines, but the normal use trucks are just shy of the $20k mark. There's no way to get your money from these setups unless you do the fab work yourself and don't mind making less than $5/hr.

I might add that I really hope someone here picks that up so I can hear about it and not go into debt to buy that Jeep.

Reactions: RangerRick
17.5k is ridiculous. I wouldn't let mine go for any less than 50k lol
Yeah I'm with you. I'm not sure of the figure, but it would have to be a figure where I picked up another Jeep and dropped it off at Axis and then had plenty of cash leftover to do all the other mods I've always wanted.

Reactions: 98TJ_R2.8Swap
The shit about it, is that I don't think my wife would kill me if I picked this Jeep up, but I just keep thinking what else $17k would do. After all the associated costs with a second Jeep like this and the mods I'd want to do, it's probably equivalent to another year from retirement. I'm 36, but I want to cut the noose sooner than later.

There's got to be something horribly wrong with this jeep and/or motor. There's no way in hell anyone in their right mind would let this go so cheap.

There's got to be something horribly wrong with this jeep and/or motor. There's no way in hell anyone in their right mind would let this go so cheap.
I've seen a built Toyota truck go for a similar price. I think it was one of the early, older trucks in some of the Cummins literature. The used market is hard when you've got to fork over cash and not finance. Hence another reason for people to get rid of their loans and pick up stuff like this.

Just a guess is that maybe this was associated with some of the beta models or just someone that needs cash and not their toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.