I fucking did it

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
All the fancy philosophy types say that life is a journey. Parts of your life can be a journey as well - with a beginning and an end.

Today, after more than 17 years that spanned Kent State University, Columbus State Community College, DeVry University, working for Schottenstein's and Walgreens, the United States Army, a deployment to Afghanistan, almost losing my foot to an IED, getting out with little idea of what to do, coming home, attending Washington State Community College, and finally Marietta College...

I am officially a graduate.
1f603.png

My journey to my Bachelors Degree is complete!!!

I got the e-mail while at work at 6:35pm and was at Marietta College by 7:10pm to pick it up.
1f603.png

17 years is a long time to amass people to thank, so I cannot possibly remember all of you. But Grandma & Grandpa, Gram & Pap, my mother and father Larry Sampson, my brother Ryan Sampson, the educators and advisers, friends and associates... From the bottom of my heart, thank you for persevering with me. For sticking it out, for believing in me that I could accomplish this.

This is the first day of the rest of my life. And I can't wait to get started with all of you!

Eternally Grateful,
Jordan Sampson

diploma 2.jpg

diploma 3.jpg

All the fancy philosophy types say that life is a journey. Parts of your life can be a journey as well - with a beginning and an end.

Today, after more than 17 years that spanned Kent State University, Columbus State Community College, DeVry University, working for Schottenstein's and Walgreens, the United States Army, a deployment to Afghanistan, almost losing my foot to an IED, getting out with little idea of what to do, coming home, attending Washington State Community College, and finally Marietta College...

I am officially a graduate. View attachment 110646

My journey to my Bachelors Degree is complete!!!

I got the e-mail while at work at 6:35pm and was at Marietta College by 7:10pm to pick it up. View attachment 110647

17 years is a long time to amass people to thank, so I cannot possibly remember all of you. But Grandma & Grandpa, Gram & Pap, my mother and father Larry Sampson, my brother Ryan Sampson, the educators and advisers, friends and associates... From the bottom of my heart, thank you for persevering with me. For sticking it out, for believing in me that I could accomplish this.

This is the first day of the rest of my life. And I can't wait to get started with all of you!

Eternally Grateful,
Jordan Sampson

View attachment 110644

View attachment 110645
Congrats Jordan!

Congrats! It sounds like you got a bit more rounded education than most. Way to hang in there!