I got into college but I cant have my Jeep: How do I cope?

Congratulations on the good news. I work at a college that has the same rules for freshman. They will allow vehicles on campus if the freshman has an off campus job, medical needs or some other hardship.

Keep in mind the college years go by fast. Work hard, enjoy yourself and get involved. Good luck!

Ya so a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away,my dad purchased a 95 Jeep yj for my brother when he got his drivers license. My brother went off to college and had the same problem. Couldn’t bring his Jeep with him. I turned 16 got my license and then started driving the Jeep. I never gave it back!

Why can't you have your car as a freshman? I had my Jeep last year as a freshman. Just had to park it off campus. I actually still have to park it off campus. My school doesn't let any student park cars anywhere on campus. I'd look in the area of your school to see whats available to park the Jeep there. If you can find a cheap garage to park in, it might be worth it.

I also did a quick google search and found Union College BAJA SAE. I'm on Baja here at my school. You basically build and race an off-road car. I'd definitely look at joining that (and it might help if you really can't bring the Jeep).

Ya so a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away,my dad purchased a 95 Jeep yj for my brother when he got his drivers license. My brother went off to college and had the same problem. Couldn’t bring his Jeep with him. I turned 16 got my license and then started driving the Jeep. I never gave it back!
My dads gonna start driving it and I probably wont see that again LOL

Reactions: Adalynn
If I have to store it at home in the garage what should I make sure to do if it's going to sit for a while, I've heard to leave it neutral and not use the e brake and just to chaulk off the wheels. What other precautions should I take

Why can't you have your car as a freshman? I had my Jeep last year as a freshman. Just had to park it off campus. I actually still have to park it off campus. My school doesn't let any student park cars anywhere on campus. I'd look in the area of your school to see whats available to park the Jeep there. If you can find a cheap garage to park in, it might be worth it.

I also did a quick google search and found Union College BAJA SAE. I'm on Baja here at my school. You basically build and race an off-road car. I'd definitely look at joining that (and it might help if you really can't bring the Jeep).
I'm not sure why maybe they don't have enough room, they just say freshman cant have cars or maybe they want you to engage in the community and if you have a car you might just leave all the time. idk

So long story short I'm going to Union college next year but I can't have a car as a freshman, What suggestions do you guys have for storing my Jeep while I'm gone? Also, how do I miss my jeep less?
I'm confused. The college says freshman can't have cars, right? Problem solved as you a Jeep.

If you're like me and not shy to potentially causing issues, say your Jeep is your comfort pet and you feel discriminated against by not being able to have it readily accessible... and that you object to the sexist term "freshman". I've actually worked with recent grads that used lines similar to that when negotiating their contracts here at work. Surprisingly things went in their favor. Worst thing you can be told is "no".

I'm confused. The college says freshman can't have cars, right? Problem solved as you a Jeep.

If you're like me and not shy to potentially causing issues, say your Jeep is your comfort pet and you feel discriminated against by not being able to have it readily accessible... and that you object to the sexist term "freshman". I've actually worked with recent grads that used lines similar to that when negotiating their contracts here at work. Surprisingly things went in their favor. Worst thing you can be told is "no".
Especially because I've heard the myths and tales of great trails around the area. I might try for it second semester or something. Maybe a little detox from the Jeep might be good for me ¯\(ツ)

The College means they won't give you parking for a car if you're a freshman. My school has the same rule. What are they going to do, impound it? They have no way to stop you from having a car with you as a freshman, they can only prevent you from parking it on campus. I parked mine in a parking garage across the street from the end of campus.

The College means they won't give you parking for a car if you're a freshman. My school has the same rule. What are they going to do, impound it? They have no way to stop you from having a car with you as a freshman, they can only prevent you from parking it on campus. I parked mine in a parking garage across the street from the end of campus.
Yeah that's a good point, I can imagine having a car to be very convenient since I live about 2.5 hours from the school so it's just far enough that I could come home on a weekend or break without it being a major commitment. And I'm sure I could make gas money by bumming people rides around town or back home.

I was being facetious :)

Reactions: Devinr29
Dont let your tires flat spot. Either raise it up on stands by the axle, or move it around every so often. Housemate can't find a short in his GTI and let it sit all year, ruined brand new G sport tires that way.

Reactions: Devinr29