I got into college but I cant have my Jeep: How do I cope?

Dont let your tires flat spot. Either raise it up on stands by the axle, or move it around every so often. Housemate can't find a short in his GTI and let it sit all year, ruined brand new G sport tires that way.
Ok sounds Good, Should I do anything with the fluids, maybe leave it on empty or something?

Ok sounds Good, Should I do anything with the fluids, maybe leave it on empty or something?
I've never stored a car long term but I would think I would want all new full fluids in engine, transfer case, trans, and diff. Disconnect the battery, raise the tires up, and put in fuel stabilizer. Assuming this is going to be stored in a garage?

Do you have someone available to start it every so often? During the winter, I use my wife's car and the tj sits, I move it and start it about once every week with no problems.

I've never stored a car long term but I would think I would want all new full fluids in engine, transfer case, trans, and diff. Disconnect the battery, raise the tires up, and put in fuel stabilizer. Assuming this is going to be stored in a garage?
Most Likely in a garage, I might have my dad drive it around every now and then just to keep her goin

Reactions: MaloStapalo
If it's in the winter make sure you dont have salt slush sitting in your frame. A garden hose in the drain holes will usually flush out loose debris and salt.
Yeah the MA salt is brutal I've been trying to do weekly car washes after just driving to school and back aswell as undercoating the whole thing before the winter started

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Yeah the MA salt is brutal I've been trying to do weekly car washes after just driving to school and back aswell as undercoating the whole thing before the winter started

As long as you keep it clean, it will be ok. Your first year will go quick. Then you get to bring the jeep and be paranoid about it being broken in to on campus.

Reactions: Devinr29
When I store my motorcyle for 6 months its on a stand (tires off the ground), fresh oil and a full tank of gas with a stabilizer. Been doing it that way for years. For your jeep Id do the same. One stands, fresh oil, fresh gas with stabilizer, clean the interior really well so you dont have a funk when you open it again, and keep the battery on a tender.

Reactions: Devinr29
Wont derail too much since you're getting some good answers, but I dont blame you one bit that looks like a tj in good shape and color.
Thanks, The color is surprisingly rare for a 99, and the owner before me re-clear coated the whole thing so I'm trying my best to keep it nice. but don't get me wrong it definitely has its blemishes and rust bubbles lol.

When a friend of mine went to Iraq he bought a storage shed on the outskirts of town, it was cheap, mostly used for people storing boats and RVs. He stored his TJ in there, threw in some fuel stabilizer, put it on jack stands, disconnected the battery.

I'd probably go a step further and finangle a dehumidifier inside the Jeep and add on a trickle-charger. That'd be my solution if I were a single guy having to leave my Jeep behind for a long period of time. I wouldn't let anyone borrow it; that's my baby. Maybe I'm not trusting enough cause I'd be too scared someone would wreck it; and I don't want to be out a Jeep and on the run for murder.