I got into college but I cant have my Jeep: How do I cope?

Skip college and hit the trade school, is the answer I would give. Lots of great paying jobs and considerably less debt.

Agreed. Trade school is the way to go these days for the most part.

My brother-in-law is a union plumber and makes a damn good living.

Reactions: danof76
I'll play devils advocate here and say definitely go to college. If you take advantage of college by majoring in the right field, keeping your GPA up (aim for a 3.6 minimum, preferably higher), networking well, and identifying what career path you want to follow at the start, you'll likely find great success after college.

A lot of college students don't think about what they're going to do after college until their junior or even senior year. I'd argue that you should think about what you want to be doing after college before you even begin your freshman year. You really have to try extremely hard to make college worth the expense. It isn't a given that you'll do well if you go to college. If you just want to party and screw around, going to college makes negative financial sense.

Reactions: Devinr29
A Jeep , girls and beer helped me finish college early . Note the term finish, not graduate.

For starters, you ain’t in class ALL the time , and a Jeep is a ball at your age. Even if you park it behind a dumpster , keep it handy. You only live once son.

Don’t get off track , but don’t let college interfere with getting an education.

Go to college if college is right for you, go to trade school if trade school is right for you. College isn't right for everybody, but whatever you do, get an education in something that you can be "gainfully employed" in when you graduate, move out of you parents house and be a responsible contributing adult in society and don't live off of us or your mom and dad. Make a WORKABLE plan and stick with it! don't take the easy road, you'll regret it for the rest of your parents life because they will have to support you.

Get your hands on the book women men and money by Michael Devine.

Whatever you do in life you have to be aware of what's going on and what the potential is

You have to be accomplished.... People don't want a pretty good brain surgeon they want the best.

You have to be articulate...it doesn't matter how good you are at what you do if you can't persuade others that they need to hire you or use your company's products or services you are not going to do well in the marketplace usually.

Lastly be deliberate. I own a construction company and I see people that end up working construction not because they're passionate about it but because they didn't plan a career path. While all that wander are not lost... Don't end up doing something you don't want to do just because you couldn't get your butt out of bed and learn to be of value in this world.

Last edited:
I stored my pickup in long storage on a Navy base for a 6 month deployment. Full tank of gas with stabilizer added and disconnected the battery. For the next 6 months, it sat outside in the weather. Got back, re-connected the battery, poured a little fresh gas into the carb and it fired right up.

You could register for the forums new services-TJ day care , TJ summer camp and TJ extended stay (or add 19.95) for extended stay plus.

You drop the Jeep off at the official pick up site , which is amazingly close to my house , with the title,keys and a full tank , and the Jeep will be well cared for and also part of the exciting new “what parts fit my Rubicon” program, used to develop young mechanics ( namely my socket losing sons).

If you sign up for extended stay plus, we send pictures of how my Rubicon turns out , and also a very genuine letter to your parents explaining why you failed each semester.

You could register for the forums new services-TJ day care , TJ summer camp and TJ extended stay (or add 19.95) for extended stay plus.

You drop the Jeep off at the official pick up site , which is amazingly close to my house , with the title,keys and a full tank , and the Jeep will be well cared for and also part of the exciting new “what parts fit my Rubicon” program, used to develop young mechanics ( namely my socket losing sons).

If you sign up for extended stay plus, we send pictures of how my Rubicon turns out , and also a very genuine letter to your parents explaining why you failed each semester.
Where can I sign up??

My college allowed vehicles freshman year thankfully but it was damn expensive driving the Jeep up there. Freshman year will fly by and the Jeep cravings will be real. Luckily, as others have said, there will be plenty of other distractions. Enjoy every minute of it!

So long story short I'm going to Union college next year but I can't have a car as a freshman, What suggestions do you guys have for storing my Jeep while I'm gone? Also, how do I miss my jeep less?
I when there as for your jeep do you have any relatives near by where you can store so you can drive on weekend ferrows

Go to FastSigns and get some "Union College Maintenance" decals for the doors. Drive to class every single day and just park it wherever the hell you want, even on the grass right by the front door.

Find a garage with electricity. Keep a battery charger on it in trickle mode and by am engine block warmer and keep that on it. It's one year and it won't hurt it to store it. Look at it this way, you aren't driving it and racking miles up on it. Concentrate on school, your freshman year is how they weed out the ones who aren't going to make.

I'll play devils advocate here and say definitely go to college. If you take advantage of college by majoring in the right field, keeping your GPA up (aim for a 3.6 minimum, preferably higher), networking well, and identifying what career path you want to follow at the start, you'll likely find great success after college.

A lot of college students don't think about what they're going to do after college until their junior or even senior year. I'd argue that you should think about what you want to be doing after college before you even begin your freshman year. You really have to try extremely hard to make college worth the expense. It isn't a given that you'll do well if you go to college. If you just want to party and screw around, going to college makes negative financial sense.
AGREED!
Computer Science and Cyber Security is where its at!