I hate A-holes that decide on the freeway that they need to wash their windshield

89grand

TJ Addict
I don't get it, but this happens a lot. Some stupid fuck decides they need to wash their windshield on the freeway, and the washer fluid shit flies over their car onto my perfectly clean windshield. I don't remember anyone ever doing this years ago, but for about the last 5 years it has happened to me a good 25 times. It just did this morning.

How and why did that become some retarded trend?

So people wanting a clean windshield are assholes? If my windshield is dirty, I'm going to clean it.

If you have functioning wipers, this shouldn't be an issue.
Exactly the same here. I hate looking out a dirty windshield and a bug splat never goes away easier than right after you get it. Lots of times I don't know that stuff is on the glass until the sun hits it and then the wipers go on with the washer button. Asshole all day long.

I do it to tailgaters as well. It is hocking a loogie by proxy.
I'm in SoCal, there are few times I drive that I don't have someone 3 car lengths or less off of my rear bumper. I drive out the front, less stress that way. There is almost no time I get on the road that there isn't a car behind me that I can only see the roof of over top of the tailgate looking out the rear view mirror on the windshield.

I don't get it, but this happens a lot. Some stupid fuck decides they need to wash their windshield on the freeway, and the washer fluid shit flies over their car onto my perfectly clean windshield. I don't remember anyone ever doing this years ago, but for about the last 5 years it has happened to me a good 25 times. It just did this morning.

OK ?? bird poops on my windshield while i'm driving or a bug goes splat, I should pull over & use my washer button ?
personally, I think the retard, is the one complaining, with all kinds of foul language. Life is short, more important things to cry about, or ( CURSE ) .........
"Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield" :)

You know the last thing a bug see right?

I use to live in Nashville area so I was use to bumper traffic. Since 2012 I live in small town Alabama. I wont say the cars on my tail bother me but I do notice them and will use my windshield washers to try to back them off if I feel the need.

You know the last thing a bug see right?

I use to live in Nashville area so I was use to bumper traffic. Since 2012 I live in small town Alabama. I wont say the cars on my tail bother me but I do notice them and will use my windshield washers to try to back them off if I feel the need.
You'd need to haul around a 10 gallon bucket of washer fluid if you want to try that out here. That might last for the trip home from work.

Reactions: Paparock1

Did you figure out yet that about 5 years ago you started following the cars in front a bit too closely? Remember, if you are far enough back, their overspray doesn't land on your windshield.

Reactions: fuse and Daryl
I only notice the people tossing cigarettes that bounce my way. I haven't had too much of an issue with water spray.

I have never, ever once even thought about my windshield spray hitting other cars. Open road is fair game for stuff like this. Not to pound on the OP but this would seem to be something I would read if I were on a Lexus forum, not Jeep. But yea I get it.. clean Jeep, someone else's car spit spraying all over it... new one on me.

I’ve noticed that the more or less vertical windshield of Ripley tends to be more of a bug kamikaze target than the ‘normal’ slanted windshield of my Edge. That was why one of my first fixes was the windshield washer. The damn idiots who toss their butts out the window and think the world is their ashtray get me bent out of shape.

F783D2C7-2B1E-4659-99EB-631E69030576.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Well I will side with the OP on this one. I always look to see if there is a car behind me on the interstate or if over 40mph before using the washers. I usually will wait until there isn’t before using mine.

For those of us that drive in crowded cities there’s not much of a choice but to technically tailgate. Even if you don’t the next apple head will fill the gap ahead of you.

I am an ex-OCD person when it comes to clean vehicles. I would hand wash and dry all my vehicles at least once a week and wax them 4-6 times a year. Nothing better than spending the entire day getting your vehicle clean or waxed only to have the high profile vehicle in front of you, who’s washers spray almost over the windshield instead of on it, spray the entire front of your vehicle with what amounts to windex.

Maybe I’m just courteous that way. I know we are in the age of “fuck him before he fucks me” nowadays though.

And for the person who said the OP threw around the word “retard”. Actually he used the word “retarded” in the context that the informal definition applies “very foolish or stupid”.

And since when do people complain about F bombs around here

Reactions: jeepins and B252
Isn't the problem more with lower profile cars and their aerodynamic window angles? Normally, those have sprayers that aim higher so they land in the middle of the window at 80 mph, then spray over when the car is stopped or crawling. They have to be moving to get the wind to push the spray down more on the window.

I doubt a Jeep could spray over it's 90 degree window angle without some sort of modification.

I love it when people do this to me! It’s so nice of them to wash my windshield for free!

Sometimes I do it to the person behind me to show them that I respect them, and that I am willing to waste some washer fluid just to make sure that they can see clearly!

Sometimes, people can get so happy, that they drive super close to me as to say “thank you for the free wash! But my windshield is still kind of dirty, could you spray again please?”.
Of course, I am always happy to oblige, so I will spray them again.

When their windshield is clean, they will pass me and often try to make eye contact with me to say thank you one final time. I will usually acknowledge them by waving or nodding back to them.

So please, do not be mad. They are only trying to help you!