I HATE working with plastic split wire loom

That is the single most optimistic description I've seen on here in awhile. We usually wind up with push, bunch, hold, scooch along, push, bunch, hold, scooch along, milk it to the end.
It’s not fun but I really don’t think it’s that hard. I usually struggle when the wires are taped up loosely or the wires have friction tape on them.

It’s not fun but I really don’t think it’s that hard. I usually struggle when the wires are taped up loosely or the wires have friction tape on them.
I didn't say it was hard, I was pointing that that "just push it over the wires" is far more optimistic than reality.

Reactions: MikekiM
I didn't say it was hard, I was pointing that that "just push it over the wires" is far more optimistic than reality.
I’m all about the wire management,I like the braided better

79596916-B9AC-4D76-9353-F7A3BE87D47C.png

Fish tape one end of the braided loom...stagger the wires...wrap in Super 33 electrical tape...fast, easy done.

The braided stuff melts at a very low temperature...if it's anywhere close to exhaust put a heat sleeve on instead.

Use shrink wrap to finish the ends. Not all of it's the same...you can get different ratios like 4:1 and with epoxy.

-Mac

…. That is all.

Jeep content…. Mine is black with black tires.

Hey, I know you started this thread just to rent, but I like how it’s turning into a bit of a resource on pro tips and product suggestions/tool suggestions. What if we updated the original post with a list of some key takeaways?

Reactions: matkal
Fish tape one end of the braided loom...stagger the wires...wrap in Super 33 electrical tape...fast, easy done.

The braided stuff melts at a very low temperature...if it's anywhere close to exhaust put a heat sleeve on instead.

Use shrink wrap to finish the ends. Not all of it's the same...you can get different ratios like 4:1 and with epoxy.

-Mac
We use an under hood rated expandable sleeve when we use it.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I am a huge fan of the flexo fire retardant braided sleeving
Flexo braided Sleeving.JPG

I ran nearly two thousand feet of wire all loomed in this product in my boat you finish the ends with a piece of adhesive heat shrink tube. It looks great and it pulls thru tight places like butter
IMG_3549.JPG

All the Deutsch connectors you can build your self here are some that I did
IMG_3162 - Copy.JPG

Console Template

IMG_3569.JPG

Console was brand new and uncut this is after drilling, cutting and mounting everything
IMG_3540.JPG

Wiring under console

11.JPG

Console after Drilling and Cutting holes

Last edited: