I have lots of nuts

qslim

The Man with the Big Yellow Car
Lifetime Supporting Member
Headscratcher for the day:

Went to Fastenal today to replace the 9/16 bolts on my front lowers because I need them to be longer to accommodate the JJ washers. Told her I need two but they only sell in bags of 5. I said that's fine, I also need a couple of grade 8 nuts with the nylon lockers. She says they only sell in bags of 25 BUT she can sell me the whole bag of nuts for the same price that the two would cost.

I said "so..... can you just keep the rest? I don't need the other 23." She said "nope, I can't have them in my inventory."

So there you go. I have extras if anyone needs them.

I thought I had a huge collection of hardware until I saw Blaine’s.

I'm sure he had a ton to begin with but I sent him a bunch from part outs over the years...I am an unorganized person and having to dig through large buckets to find the correct screw I needed got old fast so they all went to a good home :)

Reactions: B00mb00m and Chris
Headscratcher for the day:

Went to Fastenal today to replace the 9/16 bolts on my front lowers because I need them to be longer to accommodate the JJ washers. Told her I need two but they only sell in bags of 5. I said that's fine, I also need a couple of grade 8 nuts with the nylon lockers. She says they only sell in bags of 25 BUT she can sell me the whole bag of nuts for the same price that the two would cost.

I said "so..... can you just keep the rest? I don't need the other 23." She said "nope, I can't have them in my inventory."

So there you go. I have extras if anyone needs them.
This is the reason I quit going to Fastenal..its like the Costco of the hardware world..we have places around that sell hardware by the pound or my local Ace hardware will sell 1 or 100 but the pricing sucks

Reactions: RMETeeJay
I’ll bring them next week, @Chris can hand them out as trail prizes
image.jpg

I had a vision for something similar but the patience it takes to sort everything was beyond my abilities..I would get half way done and then straight to "fuck this" mode and it all went back in the buckets
You know if you just dropped the half you sorted into bins then continued the next time instead of starting over you'd be done in 2 times!