I have some Rancho 5000X questions

Found one of my rear BM shocks leaking last night.

View attachment 420337

If it makes you feel any better I got my replacement from Skyjacker with very little issue. I contacted them and provided proof of purchase, verified the shock number, and they sent me a replacement. Took a bit to get it in hand, but the process wasn't bad.
I was going to contact them again soon because they also offer a 2.5" spring to see if I can find more details on them. Hardly any brand make it easy to find their spring rates these days.

Reactions: PRNDL
If it makes you feel any better I got my replacement from Skyjacker with very little issue. I contacted them and provided proof of purchase, verified the shock number, and they sent me a replacement. Took a bit to get it in hand, but the process wasn't bad.
I was going to contact them again soon because they also offer a 2.5" spring to see if I can find more details on them. Hardly any brand make it easy to find their spring rates these days.

Did you order directly through Skyjacker? Mine were ordered through Summit. They told me to go back through them. We shall see. I just sold off my Ranchos. Hoping the Jeep isn't sidelined too long waiting on a replacement.

Did you order directly through Skyjacker? Mine were ordered through Summit. They told me to go back through them. We shall see. I just sold off my Ranchos. Hoping the Jeep isn't sidelined too long waiting on a replacement.

I didn't order directly from them, but they did ask. I provided my receipt, which was from one of their vendors, and it had the shock package explicitly listed. They said they would take care of it and get me a new one. Maybe since I had explained it was a brand new shock right out of the box that made a difference.

Reactions: PRNDL
I didn't order directly from them, but they did ask. I provided my receipt, which was from one of their vendors, and it had the shock package explicitly listed. They said they would take care of it and get me a new one. Maybe since I had explained it was a brand new shock right out of the box that made a difference.

Just heard back from Summit, they are shipping me a new shock today. They are not asking me to return bad shock since its "not worth the return." Should have the replacement early next week.

BM shock? BM only makes me think of one thing lol.

I feel the same way when I hear Black Max. ;)

black-max.jpg