I hope you future JL owners have a lot of money...

A lot of classic older guns too like FALs, 10 round limit and mag can't drop out like it should. I'll never live in California. Fix the gun laws I'll consider it. Not to mention the fact that California basically refuses any carry permit whether resident or non resisdent. And only being able to purchase certain "California approved pistols"? Ridiculous.

And about the JL, I hope anyone that gets them likes them. I Don't really like them much but they are cool. The idea that the a pillar stays when folding windshield confuses me. But the JL has made the JK more appealing *Gasp*. the crawl ratio is neat for the JL stock but I still want to see this thing beaten on and torture tested. That minivan engine's peak torque at something like 5000 rpms is disappointing, and the amazingly well placed air intake just asking to be hydrolocked.

Glad they didn't streamline the wrangler much vs the Cherokee!
Not sure where you are getting your information about California refusing any carry permits. I have one and several friends of mine have one and we live in California.

Not sure where you are getting your information about California refusing any carry permits. I have one and several friends of mine have one and we live in California.

My apologies I didn't mean it wasn't possible to get one, I was meaning most areas don't allow them or give them out.
I have family and friends in California and have been told countless times most county's in California do not give them out, including gunsmiths and dealers, as well as NRA instructors that have moved here from California due to getting denied permits. Glad you guys have them. But my information is not made up. This is common on gun forums too, residents getting denied for no reason.
In no way trying to argue. You live there. I don't.

It is my understanding that you can get one in California but the vast majority of counties are not a "shall issue" county; and most of the states that are not shall issue deny the majority of the applications including throwing them in the garbage without even looking them over.

Everyone should have their ccw permit:thumbup:

Last edited:
My apologies I didn't mean it wasn't possible to get one, I was meaning most areas don't allow them or give them out.
I have family and friends in California and have been told countless times most county's in California do not give them out, including gunsmiths and dealers, as well as NRA instructors that have moved here from California due to getting denied permits. Glad you guys have them. But my information is not made up. This is common on gun forums too, residents getting denied for no reason.
In no way trying to argue. You live there. I don't.

It is my understanding that you can get one in California but the vast majority of counties are not a "shall issue" county; and most of the states that are not shall issue deny the majority of the applications including throwing them in the garbage without even looking them over.

Everyone should have their ccw permit:thumbup:
I agree with you 100%. If a person doesn't have a criminal record, they should be able to carry. Be able to protect yourself and your family.
I'm sure there counties in California that don't want to issue permits....that is very sad.

Reactions: Tj04