I just can’t do it...

badlieutenant

TJ Addict
I pulled my “for sale” ad from the Texas jeeps for sale Facebook page as well as the craigslist ad. I just couldn’t do it. Besides getting only one actual inquiry from which I was offered $2000 + oral sex, everything else was spam along with some dude named “Adam” that wanted to charge me $300 to sell it for me. The woman offering the blowjob was not exactly my type either. She’s pretty husky and low class. After declining her offer she then asked if she could just take over payments. What the hell is wrong with millennials?

Oh. I did get an offer of $18,000 cash but never responded. All things considered, I felt like that was a low ball offer so didn’t even reply. I can understand from a laypersons perspective when similar mileage JK Rubicon’s were commanding a comparable price... but we all know the LJR and the JKR are two different beasts.

Every time I’d go from the 911 to the LJR, I was reminded about how rare and spectacular the LJR is. The dichotomy of the two is so apparent and each so very fitting of my personality. The 911 is everything the LJR is not and vice versa, sans being the last of their kind. Many say my 911 is the last true 911 just as my LJR is the last true Wrangler.

Even the idea of selling my LJR when I only owe $8000 and my payment is <$250 pee month seems silly. I can get her paid off in no time. The only downside to keeping it is I don’t have a 3 car garage and keeping either vehicle outside just feels dirty. At least I’m in Texas and leaving either one outside isn’t going to end in rust and tears.

So....... I’ll be keeping my immaculate 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. My fleet now consists of four absolutely gorgeous black vehicles and it’s going to stay that way until next month when I swap out my black JKU with a granite JLU.

I’m glad I came to my senses. Just browsing around for another LJR provided me with a blunt reminder that I own one of the rarest and most sought after “modern” Wranglers.

I pulled my “for sale” ad from the Texas jeeps for sale Facebook page as well as the craigslist ad. I just couldn’t do it. Besides getting only one actual inquiry from which I was offered $2000 + oral sex, everything else was spam along with some dude named “Adam” that wanted to charge me $300 to sell it for me. The woman offering the blowjob was not exactly my type either. She’s pretty husky and low class. After declining her offer she then asked if she could just take over payments. What the hell is wrong with millennials?

Oh. I did get an offer of $18,000 cash but never responded. All things considered, I felt like that was a low ball offer so didn’t even reply. I can understand from a laypersons perspective when similar mileage JK Rubicon’s were commanding a comparable price... but we all know the LJR and the JKR are two different beasts.

Every time I’d go from the 911 to the LJR, I was reminded about how rare and spectacular the LJR is. The dichotomy of the two is so apparent and each so very fitting of my personality. The 911 is everything the LJR is not and vice versa, sans being the last of their kind. Many say my 911 is the last true 911 just as my LJR is the last true Wrangler.

Even the idea of selling my LJR when I only owe $8000 and my payment is <$250 pee month seems silly. I can get her paid off in no time. The only downside to keeping it is I don’t have a 3 car garage and keeping either vehicle outside just feels dirty. At least I’m in Texas and leaving either one outside isn’t going to end in rust and tears.

So....... I’ll be keeping my immaculate 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. My fleet now consists of four absolutely gorgeous black vehicles and it’s going to stay that way until next month when I swap out my black JKU with a granite JLU.

I’m glad I came to my senses. Just browsing around for another LJR provided me with a blunt reminder that I own one of the rarest and most sought after “modern” Wranglers.

I’ve been following your Craigslist post for a while now. I agree that you have an immaculate LJR but I think $18-19,500 is a fair price for it here in the Texas market with 80,000 miles on it. I know a guy who had one here in Texas with $52,000 miles on it and sold it for $21,000. If I’m going to spend $25,000 on an LJR then I’m just going to go buy this one here in Grapevine with 27,000 miles on it. That’s my two cents. I know when I get my hands on a low mileage LJR I’ll be hanging on to it and will be doing as few mods (if any really) as possible because I know in another 5-10 years the resale value will still be there if not increase just like the Scramblers have.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...efined&filtersModified=true#listing=197771426

Reactions: Starrs
Now do something to it for goodness sakes! I’m tired of your only mod being the headunit, haha!

You’d have regretted selling it, I assure you.
Small lift and 32s would look amazing for sure. OME lift and some duratracs would make for a great ride. It would be like a whole new Jeep for ya!

Reactions: Chris
Small lift and 32s would look amazing for sure. OME lift and some duratracs would make for a great ride. It would be like a whole new Jeep for ya!

I agree. All it needs is a small lift and some 32" tires or something. I just want something to happen to it already, I've been waiting years!

If that jeep is rusted out you should make them an offer on the bumpers atleast. They would look sick on your LJ. Just get them powder coated. A grand or so shipped to you prolly would get them thinking lol
There is a TJ Rubicon not to far from me that has 50,000 miles on it with the mopar front and rear bumpers.. he is trying to sell it... I thought about making a factory bumper trade with cash for them if he would be willing to do it. He could drop the price and possibly sell it sooner... at least that’s they way I see it lol. I’m sure I’d just offend the guy.

There is a TJ Rubicon not to far from me that has 50,000 miles on it with the mopar front and rear bumpers.. he is trying to sell it... I thought about making a factory bumper trade with cash for them if he would be willing to do it. He could drop the price and possibly sell it sooner... at least that’s they way I see it lol. I’m sure I’d just offend the guy.
What’s the asking price? 50k TJR with both bumpers. Sounds made up hahahaha

Lot's of low mileage is being abused for weekend off roading.
My buddies prides ourselves with high mileage rigs and a mint condition
That’s not the case out here in Dallas. You can tell just by lifting the hood, looking at the tires, or looking underneath if it has been heavily off roaded or not.

Most of the Jeeps out here that are low mileage that have little to no mods are just a third vehicle to drive on good weather days. We are the third owner of our LJ. The first owner used it to tow behind their motor home and only put 32,000 miles on it, the 2nd owner used to work for my dad. It was his sons Jeep. And we bought it with 68,000 original miles on it. They didn’t even put new shocks on it. Just drove it to school and back. Occasionally took the top down on a nice day. Sold it so he could buy a truck. You would be surprised at the number of people that don’t actually off-road these Jeeps down here. That’s why they are in such good shape.
9B8C93AF-4545-4D28-8348-F6BF2813C0CA.jpeg

Man just buy that! That’s sharp haha. I believed you I just wanted to see the link lol
Yeah yeah yeah haha. I don’t know... I love a good TJ but I’m spoiled now that I’ve got my hands on an LJ. I drive 20 miles one way for work. I remember driving the LJ to work once we got the lift and tires on... a 6th gear and the longer difference... I couldn’t believe how smooth it was and how much of a difference that 6th gear made. Had no idea what I was missing. The resale value is nice too lol.

Reactions: Starrs
Also, just because an older vehicle had very low miles, doesn’t mean it’s a good buy. I have seen older vehicles with low miles have all kinds of stuff wrong with them. And they looked good.

Lots of times a vehicle with high mileage is the better buy. Highway mileage can be a good thing. And it’s been loved and maintained.

Sometime letting a vehicle sit for long periods of time can be a death sentence.