I just hate when some rich people just abuse the system

We raised beef and ate venison exclusively . . . it just tastes better.
Some folks have high IQ's, lots of 'letters' behind their names, years and years of education, and still have their shoes on the wrong foot.
Book smarts and street smarts . . . . apples and oranges.
Yea, you need knowledge to have an understanding of what the world is, but knowledge is useless without the wisdom needed to make sense of it all.

Been thinking about this a bit and I don't understand how it can be labeled a scandal, or cheating or pick you favorite derogatory term when what is being done is completely within the law (Ethics is a different discussion). It is more likely (and apparently so) that it is an unforeseen result of a poorly conceived process by well intentioned yet unqualified administrators who now want to blame anyone but the system they built; but this is par for the course.

Many want to make a college education a political football but no one asks why the cost of an education has skyrocketed in the past few decades or why the top 30 or so Colleges and Universities have ~ 300 Billion (yes BILLION) in endowments yet keep raising their tuition. It just seems odd to me that critics of the cost of an education is always centered around who pays for it instead of why it cost so much at 16K for out of state on avg. (not to include rm and board.)

I suspect this would be much different if the market were allowed to operate freely but like everything the Gov is involved in the price is artificially high and the quality generally low. In my opinion there are a lot of "crimes" within the educational system from pre-K on up but this is not one of them. imo

Your statement begs the question : Have/has your 'classical liberal arts degree(s) ever earned a dime for you?

Yes, quite a few dimes. But the degrees alone didn't earn them, I earned those dimes with the help of what I learned in school and what I learned in life. A college degree can open doors if one takes the initiative to walk through them.

In my experience people who denigrate college degrees either don't have one, didn't have the opportunity to earn one when they were young, or haven't done much with the one(s) they have.

Reactions: Daryl
My masters cost me $6k and so did the doctorate, previous employer paid the rest. I also have a trade that I can use to make money, I just choose to be semi retired!