I lost all electricity while driving

tmartin07

So I was driving my tj home last night, and all of the sudden the check gauges light came on and then the voltage meter dropped to zero. Then 10 seconds later my radio lost all power. Next was the dash lights started to go dim until they went out completely, same with the headlights. They the seatbelt light and airbag light came on and off until I got home. When I pulled into my driveway and stopped to let it idle, it died immediately and will not restart. Please help!

So I was driving my tj home last night, and all of the sudden the check gauges light came on and then the voltage meter dropped to zero. Then 10 seconds later my radio lost all power. Next was the dash lights started to go dim until they went out completely, same with the headlights. They the seatbelt light and airbag light came on and off until I got home. When I pulled into my driveway and stopped to let it idle, it died immediately and will not restart. Please help!
Post up a picture of the top of the battery.

If it were me, I'd begin with the basics. I'd clean the battery posts, make sure the cables were tight on each end and fully charge the battery. From there I would perform a load test on the battery with an actual battery load tester. Assuming it passes, I'd test the output of the alternator when the rig is running. It should put out between 13.8-14.3 volts (approximately). If none of that solves the issue, keep testing connections. As you live in the land of rust, assume corrosion has a hand in the situation.