I love my TJ!

Tbird Clair

Li'l Wrascal
Supporting Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I finally got my dream car! I love it! Can't wait to learn all about it and take it places I've never been! Any suggestions on the best way to remove the hard top by myself? I'm 5' 6"

Nice looking rig! Welcome aboard!

Do you have a car port or garage?
Thanks! I searched for 3 years for her! No garage or carport... I'll have to do it manually. I'm strong, but I'm having trouble clearing the spare tire and the jeep is lifted so the step off the back is too tricky. I was thinking of some kind of ramp... And I may have to remove the spare

It does take awhile to find the perfect TJ! No garage or carport makes taking the hard top off by yourself a little trickier. Having a buddy to help is the best way; buy yourself is a good way to drop one. Maybe somebody with a hard top will chime in and have a good solution. I rigged the neighbor up with a pulley system that worked well, but he had a garage.

It does take awhile to find the perfect TJ! No garage or carport makes taking the hard top off by yourself a little trickier. Having a buddy to help is the best way; buy yourself is a good way to drop one. Maybe somebody with a hard top will chime in and have a good solution. I rigged the neighbor up with a pulley system that worked well, but he had a garage.
A second person is probably the most sensible solution in this case... I'm far too independent for my own good.

A second person is probably the most sensible solution in this case... I'm far too independent for my own good.
That seems to be a theme with TJ drivers, and it's not a bad thing. Someone is always ready to pitch in and give you a hand. I'm sure the group can help you figure it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tbird Clair
If you own a house with a tree then you can hook a hard top hoist system to a large sturdy branch. I used to run a hard top and would manually lift it off myself. Mine was lifted 4" but I'm 6'1". I would unbolt everything and then climb into the back (seat removed) and lift it with my legs and walk it off. Takes a few tries to get it right without falling or hitting things.

If you own a house with a tree then you can hook a hard top hoist system to a large sturdy branch. I used to run a hard top and would manually lift it off myself. Mine was lifted 4" but I'm 6'1". I would unbolt everything and then climb into the back (seat removed) and lift it with my legs and walk it off. Takes a few tries to get it right without falling or hitting things.
That's what I was hoping I could do, but I'm just too short

Haha, good call on the dog and the soft top!

BTW, great looking TJ!
Thanks! Isn't she beautiful?!? I'm not crazy about all the chrome-y bits (gas door, hood scoop, hood latches, grill insert) too much bling for my taste...but other than that she's pretty much perfect!

Reactions: Chris
Thanks! Isn't she beautiful?!? I'm not crazy about all the chrome-y bits (gas door, hood scoop, hood latches, grill insert) too much bling for my taste...but other than that she's pretty much perfect!

I agree. Ditch the chrome and then you'll be good!