I messed up installing limb risers, please help

Logan21

Hello, I recently installed limb riser and I messed up. When I went to drill the holes for the rivets to mount to the windshield frame I did not drill exactly where I needed to and had to re drill the holes. This left slightly larger holes than needed and it appears the rivet pulled through. Does anyone have any idea what I could do to fix this if anything?

8F24EDE5-12F0-4839-B977-375784985851.jpeg

I don't believe there's any way to get inside there so a backing washer could be installed. You could drill out all three rivets and have a welder fill the hole, then you could redrill through the weld and re-rivet it.

Reactions: Zorba and Logan21
I think the tree limbs would have done less damage. Ouch. I've made similar mistakes buddy...put a storm door on once, shut it, it handle hit the house door handle.

I think the tree limbs would have done less damage. Ouch. I've made similar mistakes buddy...put a storm door on once, shut it, it handle hit the house door handle.
Had I done it right like the other side I would have had noncompliance. I wheel in tight forests with low hanging limbs and it was nice to have the branches lift over the top instead of dragging across the hood, slamming against the windshield, and knocking my flood lights out of adjustment.

Had I done it right like the other side I would have had noncompliance. I wheel in tight forests with low hanging limbs and it was nice to have the branches lift over the top instead of dragging across the hood, slamming against the windshield, and knocking my flood lights out of adjustment.
I cringe when limbs hit my pillars man...here in the south they are everywhere. I see guys running those, and understand why.

Reactions: Logan21
Hey man it’s how we learn. I’ve had plenty of those moments myself!
Absolutely. What is really scary is when you mess up on someone else's stuff. I drilled @Hog 's flush lights on his nice Sahara...it went good but you couldn't drive a needle up my rear end with a sledgehammer when I was doing it.

Take the bracket back off, fill the holes (by packing it full) with bondo. Let it set and drill again.

Remove what you have installed, install some rivnuts with maybe a #10 thread, counter sink the outside of the bracket and install some nice counter sunk stainless screws.
Then tell everyone that was your intention, better then the factory install...............That's how we learn!!

Reactions: Jramos013
Take the bracket back off, fill the holes (by packing it full) with bondo. Let it set and drill again.
I hesitated to mention this, cause, well ugh that much Bondo. but TBH it's the only thing I have come up with other than a new windshield and that's $$$

Remove what you have installed, install some rivnuts with maybe a #10 thread, counter sink the outside of the bracket and install some nice counter sunk stainless screws.
Then tell everyone that was your intention, better then the factory install...............That's how we learn!!
This is what i would do to.

I would not use bondo for that aplication, it could come apart if you hit a big heavy branch.

Reactions: Andrew Mac