I need a radiator and so will you

UglyDuck

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ve read the other threads and searched til im blue in the face. I need a radiator (02 TJ 4.0L 5spd) and its starting to seem like I’m SOL.
Which begs the question, what to do.
We all know the consensus by now of which Rad is preferred, but unless we as a fleet decide to scrap our TJs due to a lack of OEM radiators, we need a suitable replacement.
So what’s the consensus there?
I.e., the next go to option since I can’t seem to find a

55037652AA.​

Likely some sitting around in someone’s garage as they’ve been scoured for spares.

My existing radiator is of unknown heritage, installed by PO, probably not about 2 years ago. Seems to be leaking now.
Argh

Reactions: Austin O.
There are other parts on the unobtainable list that will affect all of us at some point. I have a few parts on the shelf but I will certainly need something that is no longer made.

There are other parts on the unobtainable list that will affect all of us at some point. I have a few parts on the shelf but I will certainly need something that is no longer made.

Which leads me back to my point, suitable replacement options are needed.
On a side note, I’ve considered the idea to start manufacturing some parts. If anyone is interested in a joined venture, feel free to reach out to me.

Which leads me back to my point, suitable replacement options are needed.
On a side note, I’ve considered the idea to start manufacturing some parts. If anyone is interested in a joined venture, feel free to reach out to me.
Have you checked Wermopar? They have one in stock for a 2002 4.0. It has the ports for the auto transmission lines, but just leave them capped off since yours is a manual.

Have you checked Wermopar? They have one in stock for a 2002 4.0. It has the ports for the auto transmission lines, but just leave them capped off since yours is a manual.

I have checked, and I was unable to find one.

I have checked, and I was unable to find one.

Engine Cooling Radiator - Mopar (55037653AB)​

• MSRP:$514.00
  • Discount:$153.64 (29.9% off)
  • Sale Price:$360.36
mopar.png

Reactions: UglyDuck

Engine Cooling Radiator - Mopar (55037653AB)​

• MSRP:$514.00
  • Discount:$153.64 (29.9% off)
  • Sale Price:$360.36
View attachment 387767
Wermopar is notorious for claiming parts are in stock when they're not. Order one and let us know what happens, I'd bet big $$$ you'll get a reply email saying it's out of stock.

Wermopar is notorious for claiming parts are in stock when they're not. Order one and let us know what happens, I'd bet big $$$ you'll get a reply email saying it's out of stock.

Not disputing what you are saying, but I just ordered one and it arrived at my house a day ago.

I’ll leave that for someone with an automatic.
Now help me find one for a manual! 🤪
That's not the way to look at it. The automatic version works equally well with a manual transmission. Looking for both types, automatic and manual transmission type, improves your odds of finding a radiator. They're the same radiator, the automatic style just has an added separate cooling section for an automatic transmission.

That's not the way to look at it. The automatic version works equally well with a manual transmission. Looking for both types, automatic and manual transmission type, improves your odds of finding a radiator. They're the same radiator, the automatic style just has an added separate cooling section for an automatic transmission.

That's what I've been trying to say as well...

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

Right but… if I don’t need it, and someone else does… I’m thinning their supply. I know I know, how very courteous of me 😝

Reactions: sideproject
I replaced my radiator one year ago Dec 2021 and ordered from dealership original OEM. 03 TJ 5 speed. It was not a problem, has things changed in one year?