I need a radiator and so will you

Easy enough to identify a Mopar radiator. What about an oil pressure sensor...my "Mopar" one doesn't have markings...crank sensor...other small parts...and how would we tell what's good other than gambling with a purchase or lugging around a test rig.

We also need a good source for complete off the shelf wiring harnesses.

-Mac

We can wring our hands and think woe is me, or just Buck up and figure it out. I can tell you that making repair parts like a complete harness is going to be REALLY expensive. Not impossible, and I can show you where to get all the factory connectors. But the other half of that equation is what will people pay? Will they pay enough to cover your costs? Maybe. People pay ridiculous money for a V8 swap harness, IMHO. Maybe they would pay for a stock harness? But then again, given the choice between factory 4.0 and a V8…what are you going to pick?

We can wring our hands and think woe is me, or just Buck up and figure it out. I can tell you that making repair parts like a complete harness is going to be REALLY expensive. Not impossible, and I can show you where to get all the factory connectors. But the other half of that equation is what will people pay? Will they pay enough to cover your costs? Maybe. People pay ridiculous money for a V8 swap harness, IMHO. Maybe they would pay for a stock harness? But then again, given the choice between factory 4.0 and a V8…what are you going to pick?

Good points you bring up. Personally, if I saw a harness built to let’s just say, aerospace type standards, I wouldn’t balk at it in terms of suitability. As long as the price was reasonable and I needed one. That aside, I am somewhat of a purist in terms of 4.0 vs v8. I’m sure others exist as well. It would be nice if there was someone making the harness with both options. I can tell you my factory harness is garbage compared to what I could build using simple differences like tefzel wire.

The same way any other old vehicle has been kept going. I can still source parts for a Studebaker, a company that folded in 1964.

I see the TJ being the same as an early Camaro or Mustang. They are all wildly popular and parts will be around for a long time. Some parts will be scarcer than others, but it won't be like Tucker.

Good points you bring up. Personally, if I saw a harness built to let’s just say, aerospace type standards, I wouldn’t balk at it in terms of suitability. As long as the price was reasonable and I needed one. That aside, I am somewhat of a purist in terms of 4.0 vs v8. I’m sure others exist as well. It would be nice if there was someone making the harness with both options. I can tell you my factory harness is garbage compared to what I could build using simple differences like tefzel wire.

What do you consider reasonable? I bought a handful of connectors (12, the red locking tabs, and some terminals). By the time they were shipped to me, I was into it for 100+ dollars.

Rock Auto and WeRMopar both have the Mopar radiator for my '06 Auto (55037653AC). I replaced mine 25k miles ago. At $387, not sure I'm going to panic and run out and buy a spare to sit on the shelf for 5-7 years. I've got some frame repairs in my future that are more pressing. :(

Reactions: TheBoogieman
What do you consider reasonable? I bought a handful of connectors (12, the red locking tabs, and some terminals). By the time they were shipped to me, I was into it for 100+ dollars.

8 bucks a connector, not horrible but maybe we could do better.
I’ve paid 35 dollars for a connector on my cessna. Still don’t want to think about it.

Rock Auto and WeRMopar both have the Mopar radiator for my '06 Auto (55037653AC). I replaced mine 25k miles ago. At $387, not sure I'm going to panic and run out and buy a spare to sit on the shelf for 5-7 years. I've got some frame repairs in my future that are more pressing. :(

I've had one in my cart multiple times...still haven't pulled the trigger. I really probably should...Might be an investment opportunity, based on this thread, LOL

Since 1998, Be Cool has been dedicated to revolutionizing the world of cooling with its top-notch performance radiators made right in the USA, at the company’s facility in Essexville, Michigan.

Last edited:
Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Last edited:
Ok so since I just replaced my rad, and I’m not happy with it, I’ll be looking for a replacement.

Can we put together a list of units in order of preference

I’ll start:
1) OEM
2) ??

Ok so since I just replaced my rad, and I’m not happy with it, I’ll be looking for a replacement.

I’ll start:
1) OEM
2) ??

I’ll start:
1) OEM

Anyone know where Red Rock 4x4 gets his Hemi conversion radiators? I run one and it has been flawless for over 4 years now - and I beat hard on the rig.

I’ve asked Jim Bebe a few times but have never gotten an answer. His site says they are manufactured locally for him.

I suspect it’s a known brand modified, so perhaps there is an option in there somewhere for a stock TJ.

This is it - It’s a cross flow. Look familiar to anyone?

DAF574AD-1801-4F23-AA08-44ABFA6609D9.jpeg

"

"I need a radiator and so will you"​

I can tell you that I replaced my radiator 15,000 miles ago. Even tho the one in her hadn't failed. Same for the Cat converter and all the sensors, the water pump, the fan business, the starter and the alternator.

First, I didn't want to be broken down over and over as each item failed in turn. Second, all mopar since parts were still available.

So while I still might need a radiator, I have it budgeted in for when I am 80 years old.

My TJ is 20 years old with 132,000 miles so I don't doubt will be other surprises in store lol.

But I like to think I planned ahead. Also I had a good job at the time. Now I am unemployed!

Reactions: Rcroane and LONGJP2